The 25 Best Christmas Quotes
The Best Time of the Year
Christmas is such an amazing time of year. It creates memories, traditions and feelings of warmth. Some of my greatest childhood memories are during Christmas time, and some of my favorite quotes and sayings are about Christmas. Below are the 25 Best Christmas quotes and sayings for you to enjoy!
1. "Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall."-Larry Wilde
2. "The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others' burdens, easing other's loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas."-WC Jones
3. "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas."-Calvin Coolidge
4. "The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other."- Burton Hillis
5. "There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus."-Bob Phillips
6. "Remember, this December, that love weighs more than gold!"- Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon
7. "From Home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other."-Emily Matthews
8. "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree."-Roy L. Smith
9. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” -Bob Hope
10. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” - Hamilton Wright Mabie
11. “Peace on earth will come to stay, When we live Christmas every day.” - Helen Steiner Rice
12. "Christmas - that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance - -a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved." -Augusta E. Rundel
13. "Whatever else be lost among the years, Let us keep Christmas still a shining thing: Whatever doubts assail us, or what fears, Let us hold close one day, remembering. Its poignant meaning for the hearts of men. Let us get back our childlike faith again." -Grace Noll Crowell
14. "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." -Norman Vincent Peale
15. "Christmas, in its final essence, is for grown people who have forgotten what children know. Christmas is for whoever is old enough to have denied the unquenchable spirit of man."-Margaret Cousins
16. "I truly believe that if we keep telling the Christmas story, singing the Christmas songs, and living the Christmas spirit, we can bring joy and happiness and peace to this world."-Norman Vincent Peale
17. "Christmas is love in action. Every time we love every time we give, it's Christmas." Dale Evans
18. "One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly."-Andy Rooney
19. "There's more, much more, to Christmas than candlelight and cheer; it's the spirit of sweet friendship that brightens all year. It's thoughfulness and kindness, it's hope reborn again. For peace, for understanding, and for goodwill to all men!" -Unknown
20. "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."-Charles Dickens
21. "Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves."-Eric Sevareid
22. "Christmas is the day that holds all time together." -Alexander Smith
23. "Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most."- Ruth Carter Stapleton
24. "Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year.”-Victor Borge
25. "A lovely thing about Christmas is that it's compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together."-Garrison Keillor
More Quote Collections
- Funny Things that Kids Say
One exceptionally wonderful thing about being a parent is to experience your children learning language, and in the process saying, funny and adorable, but sometimes very embarrassing things. I am the proud mother of a 2 year old and a 5 year old...
- The 25 Best Love Quotes
A good love quote will make you smile, think of someone special, long for something or someone, and help you to express your feelings. There is nothing better than a beautiful love quote in a letter, or on a homemade card. Below are the 25 best love
- The 25 Best Marriage Quotes
A list of the 25 best marriage quotes on the web.
More by this Author
Discover your child's gifts and talents at an early age.
Ever wonder what your man's musical taste says about his potential as a good lover?
One of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make is when and if to return to work after being a Stay-at-home-mom. Luckily, you are not alone. Many woman have gone through it.....