Christmas Priorities-Where do Yours Lay?
We Cause Our Own Stresses During the Christmas Season
Questions, Questions, and more Questions
I have several questions for you this Christmas season.
- What does Christmas mean to you?
- Where are your Christmas priorities this year?
- Are you a person searching for hard to find gifts, spending more than you should be spending?
- Do you keep searching for a trendy toy that you know you can never get your hands on?
- Have you found that hard to find gift and wanted it so bad that you were willing to pay double or triple the regular price because the item is so much in public demand?
- Do your Christmas tree and decorations over shadow that little Nativity scene setting in the corner?
- Which way do I go and what do I do to complete my Christmas plans with ease, in a joyful attidude?
- How do I keep myself from spinning out of control this Christmas season?
Do Not Forget Why We Celebrate Christmas
Jesus is the Reason for the Season
With Christmas, just around the corner, my question is, "What does Christmas mean to you?" First of all, Christmas would not be possible at all if it were not for the birth of Jesus. Jesus is the reason for the season, whether or not you believe in Jesus Christ. The fact remains, this is the season for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. I guess it is the priorities placed on this Blessed Season that makes it what it is to so many people.
Your Christmas Tree
Is Your Focus on Santa Clause and Presents
Shopping Stress at Christmas
Is Your Focus Christmas Dinner and Drinks?
Where are Your Priorities During Christmas?
Are you one of those parents or grandparents who are searching for the Imiginex Batbot? Are you finding great disappointment because retail shops are out of this trending toy? Are you upset because retail shops are not expecting any more Batbots in the store before Christmas? Are you afraid of disappointing a child, because they are not going to get what they wanted?
Are you one of those parents or grandparents who refuse to take Christ out of Christmas and the story of Jesus' birth, thus Christmas and family and friend get-togethers?
Do not misunderstand me.
- I do not feel that there is anything wrong with Christmas shopping and finding gifts that make others happy. However, I do not think that we should over extend our financial budgets that take the rest of the New Year to pay off. I did this same thing for many years, before I believe I finally wised up to some degree. But, to each their own.
- I like to plan a traditional Christmas dinnner with some sweet red wine at the meal
- I feel there is nothing wrong in a child believiing in Santa Clause and his busy elves or children sitting out Christmas cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve, as this is part of the fun of traditional Christmas celebrations for a child. I do strongly believe that every child needs to know why Christmas is celebrated, after all most children, when old enough do understand the meaning of birthdays.
- I love putting up a Christmas tree every year and decorating it with pretty lights and hanging decorations
- I see nothing wrong with baking and decorating Christmas cookies
- I see nothing wrong with all the festivities that go along with preparing and celebrating the Birth of the King of Kiings
What I object to is taking focus off from the reason why we are preparing to celebrate this marvelous season. But, again this is of my own opinion.
Where is the Real Reason for this Beautiful Celebration
Let the Birth of Jesus be Your Guiding Light this Holiday Season
The Christmas season brings with it stresses and feelings of panic due to so many things that need completing before the celebrations start by,
- Searching for all the unique gifts that we feel makes our children happy
- Planning large family get togethers and the traditional Christmas meal
- Traditional present opening on Christmas morning
The high expectations we put on ourselves can be a great disappointment if these expectations are not met.
If we focus on what Christmas is all about, the birth of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, we can meet all our festive encounters with unique peace and success. Keeping our eyes on Jesus is the key to a stress free holiday season. This time of the year is when we remember that Jesus was born in the likeness of a human being, as a servant of men on Earth.
The reason for keeping the Christmas holiday season in mind will allow each of us to stop and rest more often and not to get caught up in all the man-made festivities that put such a demand on all of us, that in the end do not mean as much as the real reason of Christmas.
Buying Christmas gifts for the children are often tossed aside and forgotten about, adding to this the fact that credit cards are maxed out and probably will not be paid off for at least a year or more, is distasteful to me personally.
I like the idea of adopting a family for Christmas. Families who had it hard that past year and do not have the money for a real Christmas dinner, or any money to buy their youngsters even one gift for Christmas.
We can focus on spending quality time with loved ones that we do not see frequently during the year. No one should feel as though they must impress family or friends. This is not the reason for family and friends getting together.
Do You Believe in the Reason for the Christmas Season?
Do you have that faith to let God be your guiding light this season, allowing God to design your unique Christmas plans? There are many pitfalls during the holidays that everyone has fallen into at least once in their life. The hurrying about, the work put into Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, the gifts that have no real meaning, other than to make a child happy for a few seconds that took many hours to locate. We have all been there and fallen into these pits, dug by what society expects.
How will you and your family spend this Christmas season? What is important to you and what are your priorities. Who can you and your family help out this year, and how? During all these hurried preparations can you keep Christ in Christmas? I believe that most everyone, including me feels they must work hard to impress people.
As I have aged, I have disposed of any notions of trying to impress people anymore. I found there are more important things in life, than to impress people. Why do we feel this is so important and a necessary part of Christmas? In reality, the only one we need to impress is Christ. He does not care about all the parts of His birthday that society has put such a demand on that we feel we need to do to be accepted.
Many of us cause our own holiday stress, because we do not think through our priorities. We need to think long and hard about how we spend our money this season and future seasons and how we spend our time and with whom. Never let the stresses of the Christmas season cause you to become a grumpy grouch. No one wants to hang with someone who is going to bring their spirit of Christmas down.
Make a list of things you really want to accomplish this Christmas. How much money are you allowing this year for a nice Christmas celebration, and who do you want to spend your valuable time with this season. What kind of celebration do you want to plan?
More by this Author
This is a follow up for the article "The Crazy Cat Lady". Not only did our family have a family of felines, our family took in a number of strays that have a story to tell. Rest a spell and enjoy.