The World's Romance Architecture
To commemorate Valentine’s Day, here’s a sampling of some of the world’s most romantic architectural (and urban) settings:
• Waterside dining along Venice’s Grand Canal as the gondoliers pole past.
• Bangers and mash at midday in a venerable London pub (with or without a pint of stout).
• Walking the stalls of the jade market on Hong Kong’s Kowloon peninsula.
• Sunset overlooking the historic center of Florence and the River Arno below, from the Michelangelo Piazza.
• Riding the narrow streets of old Macau to a casino aboard a pedicab.
• Coming up on the gleaming white cliffs of Dover on the sunny deck of a windswept channel ferry.
• Enjoying the sights from the night train from Nice to Milan.
• Posing with an iguana before sampling the street vendor’s fish tacos in Puerta Vallarta.
• Sharing a jambon sandwich while walking the cobbled lanes of old Salzburg.
• Whispering amid the humid silence of the towering sequoias of Muir Woods north of San Francisco.
• Dancing along with the island revelers of the midnight Junkanoo parade in Nassau, Bahamas.
• Observing the dancing fountains of The Bellagio Hotel & Casino from the balcony of a honeymoon suite.
• Lazing along the Danube River through central Germany on a wine cruise.
• Dusk in Paris strolling past the nightlit Cathedral of Notre Dame on the way to the Louvre.
• Chugging through the boat people (and dogs) of Hong Kong Harbor on the way to an outlying island’s Buddhist temples.
• Sampling the quaint waterside shops of Sausalito’s marina.
• Watching the setting sun transform the colors of the Grand Canyon or Bryce Canyon.
• Enjoying the street performers of Mallory Square while awaiting a Key West sunset.
• Taking in the spectacle that is Rockefeller Center at Christmas.
• Banqueting at the Villa D’Este restaurant in the Tuscan hills outside Rome.
• Traversing the historic timber bridges criss-crossing Lake Lucerne.
• Strolling canalside in central Amsterdam to the Rembrandt Museum.
More by this Author
Here, from A to Z, are 26 things you just might want to keep in mind for the coming Yuletide Season. Feliz Navidad!
If you think you know just about all you need to about Ol' Kris Kringle, read on, my friend!
Here's a quick and easy guide to get you started in the rewarding and very interesting and informative hobby of philately.
No comments yet.