Top 10 Haunted Houses around the World
1. Cutting Edge Haunted House, Ft. Worth, Texas. Cutting Edge, a haunted house in Fort Worth, Texas is located on an 100 year old meat packing plant. It presently holds the Guinness World Record for the “World’s Largest Walk through Haunted House” taking approximately 55 minutes to explore. The set features live actors, human mannequins, CGI, animations, and unique sets that make for a haunted experience. Old meat packing equipment that remained at the plant is still in use and makes up some part of the play as human mannequins are holstered up to the second floor, processed in the meat packing equipment and then a conveyor belt system brings down the butchered corpses.
Cutting Edge has been featured on several TV programs including the Travel Channels “Americas Scariest Haunted Attractions” and is one of the most popular haunted houses in the United States.
2. Pennhurst Asylum, Philadelphia. The Pennhurst Asylum is a 100 year old abandoned asylum facility. The ex-mental institute has been featured on the TV shows “Ghost Adventures” and “Ghost Hunters”, and is a favorite destination for ghost investigators looking for proof of paranormal activity.
3. Bhangarh Fort, Rajasthan, India. Bhangarh is deeply engrossed in folklore and stories of mysterious voices and superstition. Even the Archaeological Survey of India recognizes such claims and has put up a sign that reads “Staying after sunset is strictly prohibited in this area”. It is said that a black magic tantric placed a curse on the palace and that anyone who resides there would surely die with their souls remaining there for centuries without rebirth. There are no houses with roofs in the area as it is said that whenever a house is built with a roof, the roof collapses.
4. Ohio University, America. If you believe in folklore, there’s plenty to believe in at the Ohio University campus. State wide the campus is widely known as the most haunted college campus, and a number of locations on the campus are said to be haunted. The Ridges, an abandoned asylum known for electro shock therapy and thousands of lobotomies, the asylum witnessed a patient who was unaccounted for and discovered five weeks later. By then, her decomposing body had left a deep stain on the floor which outlines her body and remains visible till date. There’s also Wilson Hall a dormitory said to have housed a witch who made satanic and supernatural inscriptions on the well in her own blood and killed herself moments after. Washington Hall is another location on campus known to have housed a basketball team who all died in a crash. It is said you can sometimes hear the players performing dribbles.
5. Month Cristo, New South Wales, Australia. Once home to Mr. and Mrs. Crowley, it is said that after her husband died, Mrs. Crowley stayed indoors for the remainder 23 years of her life and came out only on two occasions. After her death the house remained haunted by her ghost with various haunting experiences such as a bodiless ghost, strange ghostly voices, and automatic lights turning on and off.
6. Changi Beach, Singapore. Changi Beach is widely known as a popular killing place for the Japanese during the Second World War as countless Chinese were tortured and murdered on the beach. Several incidents have involved people reporting sightings of headless bodies, and hearing screams on the beach. Dug holes that appear to have been used for burying bodies are also visible at night.
7. The Darkness, St. Louis, America. The Darkness is a popular simulated haunted house in St. Louis. It was ranked by Discovery Channel as the 3rd scariest haunted house in the United States. The haunted house itself is a 100 year old two-story warehouse with three attractions and the entire house is laced in special effects, animations and actors.
8. Screaming Tunnel, Niagara Falls, Ontario. The Screaming Tunnel runs under the railway track linking Niagara Falls to Toronto and New York City. There are multiple stories to how the legend behind the screaming tunnel came about, but many believe that if standing in the middle of the tunnel at midnight with a matchstick, the flame will go out and a girl screaming will be heard.
9. Highgate Cemetary, North London, England. The burial place of Karl Marx, the Highgate Cemetary in North London is a century old cemetery rich in Gothic architecture. By night, crooked ivy laced gravestones offer a horror like experience.
10. Mohenjo-daro, Pakistan. Also know as the mound of the dead this is an ancient city with really creepy old burial grounds.
More by this Author
Day four of a seven-day plan to help you lose 10 pounds in one week. This diet includes recipes and detailed meal descriptions for seven days. Lose weight, be healthy, and don't starve yourself!
Day one of a seven-day plan to help you lose 10 pounds in one week. This diet includes recipes and detailed meal descriptions for seven days. Lose weight, be healthy, and don't starve yourself!
A day-by-day plan to help you lose 10 pounds in one week, this diet includes recipes and detailed meal descriptions for seven days. Lose weight, be healthy, and don't starve yourself!