Top Sentimental Christmas Songs in the Philippines
Christmas is supposed to be a time of festivities. Christmas Carols usually have a happy tune; with all the jingle bells and rapapampam in the airwaves during holidays; the sentimental Christmas songs are also extensive during these days. Why so? Well I guess there were various reasons for this which you will find below, but the main cause of it all is the depressing experiences that have occurred before or during Christmas season. In these days wherein everybody is rejoicing and you can’t help but to be reminded of your not so good Christmas past, it would be more distressing on your part. Thank goodness there were some good old songs to listen to that will let you know that you were not alone.
Reasons Why People Want To Listen To Sentimental Songs During Christmas. . .
- Nobody to celebrate it with – Everybody have somebody and I have nobody. Oh yes my family is there, my friend is there and it is okay but I mean I want to experience to have a special someone, you know something that is not so platonic. I am a member of NBSB (No Boyfriend Since Birth) and I want to quit.
- Love ones departed – We are complete every Christmas, it was some sort of a family reunion yearly and now he/she was gone. It would never be the same.
- Love ones working in another country – Miles away from my husband who is working in another land. We have everything now, except him.
- Overseas worker working in a non-Christian community – Yes miles away, but what made it sadder than sad and bluer than blue is that here Christmas day is just an ordinary day.
- Unhappy childhood – Christmas wherein my playmates/friends/classmates are all happy. They were showered with love and affection by their parents. Me what do I get? No Christmas gifts worst no love.
- Breaking-up, separation on Christmas day – 365 days in a year, of all those days why today wherein we should be celebrating.
- You are Filipino – Yes Filipinos in general are very sentimental and would love to cry even if there is nothing to cry to. We are so extreme; we can laugh during the hardest times and cry during the happiest ones.
Now I will share with you some of the famous Sentimental Christmas Songs here in the Philippines. Some are Filipino versions but most are English and Filipino OPM’s (Original Pilipino Music). These songs are my favorites too, songs that have been special to me because in one way or another it speaks of what I or my family and friends have gone through in our lives.
Let us start with the Filipino/Tagalog Sentimental Christmas Songs
1. Sana Ngayong Pasko – Ariel Rivera
2. Himig Pasko – Regine Velasquez
3. Pasko na Sinta ko – Gary V.
4. Miss kita kung Christmas – Susan Fuentes
6. Sa Araw ng Pasko – All Star
Now to the readers who can’t relate to the above songs due to language variation, here are seven of the most popular English Sentimental Christmas Songs in the Philippines. As I’ve said some are revivals.
1. My Grown-Up Christmas List - Metafour
2. Christmas Won’t Be The Same Without You – Martin Nievera
3.You’re All I Want For Christmas – Rico J. Puno
4. Soon it's Christmas – Carol Banawa
The last three are my favorite Sentimental Christmas Songs by Jose Mari Chan
5. Christmas In Our Hearts – Jose Mari Chan
6. Christmas Past –Jose Mari Chan
7. A Perfect Christmas – Jose Mari Chan
There you go. Hope you all enjoy listening. Merry Christmas to all!
More by this Author
It hasn’t been long since the first season of Survivor Philippines ended. The first one was very successful; that they already came up with the 2nd season. The audition started in Feb 26, 2009 ended March 30,...
Darna is a fictional character created by a great writer, Mars Ravelo in 1950. He created Darna as a character for Philippine magazine which is “Pinoy Komiks”. It was said that Darna’s original name...