Top Ten Free Gift Ideas
Free Gifts that Show You Care
Free Gifts with Meaning
Our world is over filled with occasions where we are expected to give gifts. Christmas, Hanukkah, Valentine's Day, Easter, Birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Grandparent's Day are a few that top the list. In a world economy when we are all holding onto our money a little tighter can we give gifts that won't deplete our financial resources?
I've become so aware of the marketing ploys that are attached to every holiday that I've begun my own quiet boycott. I'm choosing more carefully what I'm spending my hard earned money on, I'm not being cheap, I'm being thoughtful on many levels.
No more single use plastics. Everything we buy must have multiple uses and have long term use in our life. I consider where the products were made, how the products were made, how far they came to reach our store shelves and where they will end up when we are done with them. Yes we've become much more aware and frugal.
I'm sick to death of trying to find stuff in stores and playing a guessing game with myself every time I buy a gift, wondering if it'll actually get used or if it will sit on a shelf gathering dust bunnies.
So for the last couple of years I've halted the store bought gifts, except for an exceptional product for my child once in a while, and the reaction from my gift getters has been quite amazing. They are loving the gifts, and finding them more useful and meaningful than store bought gifts.
Great gifts you can give for free. Instead of spending money on gifts, give the gift of your time. Save money and spend time with someone in your world doing something useful or helpful, turn it into a gift and have fun at the same time.
Here's a list of gift suggestions that you can give in the form of coupons to anyone and everyone on your list. The expiry date is up to you!
the Free Gift List
10) Christmas or Halloween Decorating. Help put up or take down take down the decorations that are so time consuming and difficult to do alone; a gift that guarantees a smile and is better done with company.
9) Garage or Basement Clean up. It's a dirty business but someone's got to do it! Help prevent the ones you love from becoming hoarders and offer to give them a weekend of help.
8) Yard Work. Mowing the lawn, raking the leaves, turning the gardens, planting, snow shoveling; there are so many choices be as specific or general as you want.
7) Computer Help. So many people today have problems learning the tools used; software, laptops, desktops, tablets, ipods, ipads, cellphones etc. If you can help anyone on your list (ie a senior who is struggling to learn computers) learn new technology it would be a great gift.
6) Pet Care. Pet sitting or dog walking is a gift that someone with a pet would be grateful for because every once in a while as a pet owner you need help and it's sometimes hard to find.
5) Chores. Household help is always welcome no matter what form it takes. The perfect gift for everyone in a household cause I'm sure we can all think of ways we could help more around the house.
4) Pre-made meals. A great idea for the bachelors/ bachelorettes, students, seniors, neighbors, and challenged folks on your list. Packaged and frozen or to be frozen is easy and convenient for the recipient, and there's nothing better than homemade meals!
3) Taxi Tickets. Do you have a car and know someone who doesn't and might be grateful for a free ride? Do you have someone in your life that might need to get to an appointment or shop somewhere out of the way? This is a very thoughtful gift.
2) Childcare. The perfect gift for anyone with kids. A free night out, day out, whatever they need the time for is a gift that will be very much appreciated ... very much.
1) Hug Cards. Create hug cards. Give a hug and a hug card, and tell the receiver to pass it on. Make lots of cards and get everyone in your world hugging!
That's a Wrap!
Wrap your gifts as creatively as you want, just because it's small and personal doesn't mean it can't be delivered in a fun way; remember great things come in small packages.
Gifts of thoughtfulness and kindness can't be beat. Incredibly simple gifts that will be really and truly appreciated, save money and will only cost you the time you spend with the person you give the gifts to. It's a win win situation all around.
copyright © eye say 2012
More by this Author
Do we fall in love because we are in love or because we have been told to be complete we need a "better half"?
Cysts are a very popular medical problem, here's an article featuring what my cyst looked like on the outside and inside!
After a perforated bowel, 15 + obstructions, several surgeries and complications, it's time to share what I've learned. Yes I am now bowel obsessed.