Unique Gifts for Her
Gift to Her Heart oxoxo
Hubs To Read...
- Starry Night, or The Legacy of a Poster
... Christopher brought out my gift, wrapped in pink paper. It was quite large, rectangular, and flat. I had to wait until it was actually my birthday before opening it, which left me staring at it for...
Find Something That She Cant Find Just Anywhere
Tis the season for giving. Which also means-tis' the season for all the men with a girlfriend, wife or love interest, to begin panicking, trying to decide what to buy for his special someone. If you are trying to buy her a gift that will make her fall in love with you all over again, the best advice I can give to each and every man out there is; don’t buy her a vacuum, pots and pans or a gift card for an oil change. Although these are all gifts that have a purpose and will be used, they are less than romantic-and less than ideal if you are attempting to shock, surprise and wisp her off her feet.
I’ve done some shopping-browsing and have asked lots of females what makes for a romantic gift, here are some things that may be an alternative to the pair of fuzzy house slippers you had in mind. Happy Holidays Boys…
1. Personalized charm bracelets or a charm bracelet of any kind are a great gift for a woman. It can also save your butt in the future (when you forget to buy a gift for her birthday or your anniversary) if you purchase her a charm bracelet that you can add charms to later down the road.
2. Rose Heart Locket Necklace (I included this because it is a 1 of a kind piece of jewelry I found on Esty, which has a lot of one of a kind items on it. Giving a woman something that there is only 1 of, is special and as unique as she is.
3. Personalized Keepsake Box- If you are looking for a gift that can be personalized, consider a sterling silver jewelry box that you can have engraved with either their name or an adoring message.
4. Flowers that last forever- Glass Roses, Gold Roses, Silver Roses, Lilacs, Orchids, whatever her favorite flower is. The great thing about spending money on a bouquet of these is that they last and no matter how long you have them, they will remain beautiful.
5. Original Prints by Obscure Artists- There are hundreds of artists in the world that are waiting to be discovered. When you find a photographer or painter that has created beauty, you can buy prints that can represent your personality, and decorate your home, for cheaper than purchasing a reproduction of art by Pablo Picasso
6. Love notes.-you can find or write them yourself. They should have sweet sayings or words of admiration that tell your husband/wife, boy friend or girlfriend how much you love them, written on them. If you have legible hand writing you can include lists of what you love about them, what you first noticed when you saw them, or recollections of your favorite most prized memories. Package them in a jewelry box or nice tin and you have yourself a very personal gift for your sweetheart.
7. Engraved Compact Mirror- Many women carry a compact mirror around with them. Give her something she can carry around that is a representation of your love for her. Have her name engraved on a heart shaped compact or your anniversary, or even a simple I LOVE YOU. It speaks wonders when it comes from the heart.
8. Personalized Bath Towels-You can get these many different places online or if you want to avoid shipping costs, call some local seamstresses or embroidery shops. If you buy the towels-they’ll put the design. Standard pricing is anywhere from $2.50-$5.00 (for the personalization) and item for the first line.
9. Strip Chocolate Couples Game or any Silly or Romantic Adult Game that she would giggle at and be willing to play- You play the game-you lose your clothes and eat lots of chocolate in ways you probably never thought about. These kinds of games can also present the opportunities to get to know new things about your partner.
10. Message in a Bottle Gifts- I have seen these a few places. You can get a unique bottle that can be sealed with a cork. Within a love message or message of encouragement personalized for the recipient of the gift, along with something such as "a key to your heart" or representation to your love affair.
11. Personalized or One of a kind Journals or writing pens- If you are involved with a woman that keeps a diary, takes a lot of notes, writes poetry, she probably has a dozen journals or notebooks and will purchase a dozen more within the next year. Get her one that is personalized with her name. An even better gift is if you can get one that is personalized that can have paper refills purchased when she has filled the pages.
12. Coupon Books- Not the kind you use at the grocery store, but the ones that allow her to a special favor, to be pampered or left alone for awhile. You have to be willing to allow her to redeem the coupons with you when she wants, so if you are not willing to watch the kids for two hours while she takes a long bath, this may be a gift you should shy away from.
13. Sweethearts Calendars-Your Photos or Photos of your choosing, customizable dates. A calendar is used daily by career woman, busy moms, college students and all that is in-between. Let her see the face of her child or your wedding picture each day. It allows you to Say something new-every day of the year and will put a smile on her face each time she glances at it.
14. Spa Day- Pamper her by giving her the gift to escape for a day that revolves around her. Facial-Massage-Manicure-Pedicure. Most towns have at least one day spa, from what I have found, a day at the spa gift certificate pricing can be as little as $75.
15. Bath Essentials- Bubble Bath, Candles, Body Wash, a Life, Bath Pillow and for Afterwards Lotion and Pillow Mist. Bath and Body Works has scents that can relax and repair after a stressful day. The ‘Sleep’ Lotion, Soap, Pillow Mist collection leaves a light scent of vanilla and lavender. A calming and inviting Christmas Gift.
16. When all else fails, and you are still stuck. Perfume, Find a scent that you enjoy-but not something that is completely opposite of what she wears currently. If she doesn’t wear a scent, some general advice, stay away from musk’s. Musk does tend to age women (at least in the smell department).
Hopefully this has given you a few more options to look at than you had before. Money should not be an issue during Christmas, although I know it is. The very best Christmas Gift my husband ever gave me was given during a period where we had nothing to spare. He fixed a jewelry box that I had had since I was 7. The music did not play any longer and the ballerina did not spin. When I opened the shoe box he packed it in that year- My eyes began to tear and I had the best feeling and biggest smile I had ever had. The cost of the repairs to that jewelry box ran him under $5.00. It wasn’t the money, it was the fact that he knew how much that beat up ballerina meant to me, and he brought her back to life. To this day, nothing has topped that gift.
Think with your heart, not your wallet-and you will do just fine. Happy Holidays…
More by this Author
Although it is not right, but it is true that people will judge you by your appearance. You may want to consider this before you get a tattoo. Many companies have a dress code that states that you must cover all tattoos...
Everyone has heard the saying, Men are Dogs. But have you ever really considered the similarities between Men and Dogs, I have...
Is society taking spanking out of context? Is spanking wrong? Is it needed? Child Protective Services are stepping out of lines and giving punishment to good parents who punish but not beat their children.