Valentine's Day Messages: What to Write in a Card
Use the Valentine's Day messages on this page to help you figure out what to write in your card. Whether you have been married for years or it is your first Valentine's Day with your special someone, writing in a card can be challenging. The fact that you are looking for ideas means you care a lot about what you say. Your valentine will appreciate the time, thought, and creativity put into your message.
You still love me despite my faults. This Valentine's Day I am feeling as much gratitude as I am love.
Valentine's Day Messages
Use the following general Valentine's Day messages to help you get an idea of what to write for your sweetheart. These can make a good start to your message. Add the needed details to personalize one a bit more.
- I love loving you. Happy Valentine's Day!
- I have superb taste. I picked a good one. You have superb taste because you got me what I wanted, you.
- I don't just love you. I love that I get to have you as my Valentine.
- I want to let you know that I want you to be my Valentine. Again!
- Cupid shot well for me! He hit you and me with perfect aim.
- Happy Valentine's Day. May God bless you with his unfailing love.
- As busy as we get, we need to be reminded that we are still sweethearts. Valentine's Day is a good day for me to stop and realize how wonderful you make me feel.
- I cherish the time that we spend together and know that you are a great Valentine.
- I like all the ways that we hang out together, even when were mad. And I like the things that are not appropriate for a greeting card.
- Whether Valentine's Day or not, I can't think of anyone I would rather spend a day with.
- Be mine, forever.
- Valentines Day is much more fun when I get to spend it with you.
- Thank you for letting me have such a wonderful person as my Valentine this year.
- I couldn't think of anything better to write in your card than the truth. I love you!
- I don't know how to write great messages in cards, but I want to let you know how special you are to me. You are awesome!
- Happy Valentine's day to the sweetest valentine I could want. You are my sweetheart, and I am glad you're mine.
- Our love is like a romance movie, but the best part is that it never ends.
- If you were blue and I was red, we'd both be purple all the time.
- Please excuse my lack of the right words and all the other inadequacies that you overlook in order to love me as I am.
- Our love goes through seasonal changes. Without Winter, we'd never get to enjoy the Spring flowers.
- There's no way you are ever getting rid of me as your Valentine this year or any other year.
- You are an exquisite being. I am awestruck and love-struck!
Funny Valentine's Day Card Messages
- Valentine's Day is my favorite day to buy you chocolates. This way I can get you exactly what you expect me to know not to get you, since it's too predictable. So that makes it a great surprise!
- I guess we have to act like we like each other since it's Valentine's Day. To tell you the truth, I don't mind too much.
- Russell Stover, Hallmark, and the local flower shop would like to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day. I'm just delivering their gifts.
- I worked hard trying to think of what to write in your card. Then I just 'googled' it.
- The only reason I celebrate Valentine's Day is to keep it from turning into sleep-on-the-couch night.
- I love you a lot, especially when you aren't annoying me to death. Happy Valentines Day.
- Most people don't know this, but "Happy Valentine's Day" spelled backwards is "Yad Senitnelav Yppah," which means "You Stupid Sucker" in Cherub language. Cupid told me."
- Roses are red, violets are blue. Happy Valentines Day. I love this really cool person with a great smile, cool personality, and a sense of humor. Too bad it isn't you. Just kidding.
- We have many Valentines Days under our belts... literally and figuratively. I guess the chocolates add up over time. Happy Valentine's Day, and another one under our belts.
- I'm wishing you a happy Valentine's Day, because it's the only way I'll have a happy Valentine's day.
- I can't think of any reasons to not love you.
- I have the gas. You give me the wood. And our love is the spark. We are one hot couple!
- You are the butter to my toast.
- I think cuss words should be reserved to express stong emotions. That's why I'd like to tell you that you are one 'D#&%' gorgeous babe.
- You can call me Charlie, because I have a golden ticket to your heart.
Quotes about Love for Valentine's DayClick thumbnail to view full-size
What Not to Write in Your Valentine's Day Card
- Don't get any fatter than you already are eating this chocolate.
- I hope you like this card. I got it really cheap, because I bought in bulk. It turns out I had a lot of Valentine's cards to give to all my girlfriends.
- I don't want to be your boyfriend any more.
- If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have to waste so much money on a ridiculous card holiday.
- Let's get this Valentine's Day over with so we can go back to being jerks to each other.
- You are in my top ten for the most pretty Valentine's Day girlfriends I've had in the past.
Kids' Funny Valentines
Tips for Writing Valentine's Day Messages
- Make your message fit your relationship. Send a friend message to a friend, and a lover message to a lover. Be humorous if you think it will be received well. But if you are unsure, it is best to be serious.
- After you write you Valentine message, wait until the next day to see if you still like it. Chances are if you still do like it, it's really good. If not, you can fix it.
- Add any details or creativity you can. For example, you can add a poem or a story. Use descriptive words to describe everything. This will make the message more meaningful and interesting. For example, instead of saying simply: "I love you," say, "You make my life more beautiful." Write a love poem if you can.
- Use quotes from the Bible or another source. You have the added benefit of heightening your message of love by making it more spiritual. You can use Biblical references such as 1 Corinthians 13, or you can use Song of Solomon for some steamy lines.
- Use descriptive adjectives to describe your love, your relationship, and your special person. Adjectives that are unique are best. Words like exquisite are better than "nice" or "good." Here are just a few to get you started: incredible, fascinating, stunning, unbelievable.
The Importance of Using Good Adjectives
- Valentine's Day Messages for Girlfriend: What to Write in Her Card
Use these Valentine's day greeting card messages for your girlfriend. Or you can write your own message using these tips. Your options include writing a love poem for your sweetheart.
- Friend Valentine's Day Messages, Poems, and Quotes
These are messages, poems, and quotes to use for a Valentine's card, text message or other Valentine's wish. The wording examples are meant to express gratitude and acknowledge support for friends.
- Valentines Day Poems for Cards: For Friends and Love...
Valentines day poems for Valentine's Day Cards. Use these as your card message or add to these to make a special poem for your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, mom, or friend.
- Love Messages and Quotes
Romantic love messages examples are included to help you keep your relationship alive and well. Use these to communicate your thoughts or feelings about your significant other in a romantic way.
The Most Popular Types of Valentine's Day Wishes
What type of message did you decide to write?See results without voting
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE3
Use these examples of baby congratulations messages to help you figure out what to write to the new or expecting parents. Pregnancy congratulations wording is also included.
Recovering from a surgery can be a lot more fun when you get a great get well cards from friends and family. Use these sincere and funny get well wishes for a friend or loved one undergoing surgery.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE16
Sympathy card messages can be difficult to write. These are many examples of sympathy messages for a loss. Use these to help you comfort and encourage a grieving person.