Reasons to enjoy being single for Valentine's day
You dont have to hate Valentine's day!
Valentine's day is one of those holidays that you either love,or hate. Either way,it is fast approaching. The thing about Valentine's day is that it is aimed only towards couples. Atleast as far as most people see it. If you are single,this poses a slight problem. You walk into any store and see plush animals with hearts,boxes of candy with bows,cards with sweet little nothings written all over them. It is enough to make the average single woman a bit nauseous.
Instead of yearning for a significant other,my approach this year is going to be slightly different. I'm going to celebrate (quietly and in my own head),all of the reasons why being single is great.
- When you're single,you are essentially a free bird. You can check out the mailman,the neighbor,the waiter at dinner,the geeky guy in front of you at the checkout lane. All without any feelings of guilt!
- You don't have to worry about picking up dirty socks and underwear strewn about the room. Unless of course,you have a habit of doing that yourself. On to number 3.....
- You can come and go as you please. Nobody will be waiting at home to ask who you were with,and what you were doing.
- You have the whole bed to yourself. And lets face the facts ladies. We sleep much better that way anyways. Sure,a warm body is great to cuddle up to,and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. But sleep requires space. Us single women have lots of that,and should be thankful.
- You wont be woke up by your lovers endless snoring. You have no reason to fear that the bed sheets will be sucked into the mouth of the man laying beside you,therefore causing you to have to perform life saving CPR at 3:00 in the morning.
- You don't have to yell at anybody for not taking out the trash. You can instead blame yourself,which is much easier than blaming a man....they are never wrong anyways.
- Your money is yours. You don't have to share,and can buy that nice dress that you've had your eye on without explaining, " but it was such a great bargain!" You know it wasn't really a bargain at all,you just wanted it because it's pretty. And that is OK when you're single. Go buy that dress!
- You have complete and total control over the TV remote. You can watch as many Sex and the City reruns as you want,without having somebody else complaining in your ear that they are missing the big game.
- You can skip a day between shaving! Yep,we all do it. And we even enjoy the luxury.
- You can talk to yourself,sing in the shower,or have a conversation with your cat. You can do all of this,without having to worry that your being highly annoying.
- You can go into public without having to remind your man that he is indeed in a public place,and could atleast have taken the time to comb his hair.
- You don't need to use the headache excuse. And you don't need to hear him call you a liar for using it.
- Married people on average,are heavier than single people. Stay single,stay thin. Very simple.
- You don't have to be afraid of falling in the toilet when your significant other forgets to put the toilet seat down.
- And the final reason why it is GREAT being single on Valentine's day. You don't have to spend endless hours searching for the perfect gift,only to realize that your guy didn't even remember that it's Valentine's day!
No comments yet.
More by this Author
Did you know that cats have very different personalities,just like a human? The type of breed that you choose can have a huge impact on how well the cat will fit into your home and lifestyle.
On November 13, 1974, Butch Defeo would murder his family members in cold blood. Stories of hauntings, demonic possession, and other bizarre happenings have centered around the house ever since.
Did you know there are quite a few different types and categories of hauntings? Many people probably think that one haunting experience is the same as any other. But this is far from the truth.