Romantic Victorian Valentines
For the romantic at heart, a Victorian style Valentine's Day is the ultimate holiday. So, what was so different about Valentine's Day during the Victorian era? At this point in time, the Valentines's were made by the sender especially for a specific person. They were meant to woo and declare their feelings. The truly romantic began making their valentine immediately after the Christmas holiday was over.
These special valentines were ornate and detailed. The verse was handwritten and composed by the sender. Some of these cards were so excessively ornate that they had to be delivered in a box.
Many things were loving used to make up these elaborate valentines such as, mirrors, lace, paper lace, feathers, birds, hearts, cupids, angels, swans, and a small cllipping of hair. As I said, they were made especially for one particular person.
On Line Spots to Buy Victorian Valentines
- This website offers the romance of Victorian Valentine's Day. The cards are beautiful and reminicent of the most romantic ear. The collection includes such selections as: Pop-up cards, Ribbon cards, Lace cards, Romantic Fan greetings and more.
- Scrap Album offers a grand selection of paper lace Valantines with gilding, silvering, cutt-outs, perforating, embossing, and other methods used during the most romantic of eras.
- Zazzle has the most beautiful selection of homemade Victorian Valentine's Day cards. Each is unique and takes you back to the time when men were gentlemen and women were ladies. The romance eminating from these cards will touch even the hardest of hearts.
- Blumchen helps bring back the romance of years gone by. The cards and ornaments available on this website is sure to please. Cupid is surely at work here.
Making Your Own Valentine
I decided to include for the crafters in our group, some of the best sites to use to get suggestions and directions to make your own romantic valentine for the love of your life. Imagine the surprize, pride, and love your partner will feel when they open up a valentine that you made with your own two hands. There's nothing that says love more than homemade.
For those who are not quite so crafty, I have included a site that has the most gorgeous Victorian-style Valentines that can be sent by email. Really good news - they're free.
Valentines quotes and sayings
- Valentine's Day is a time to celebrate the joy of being in love. Unless you're single and lonley then it's called Laundry Day. ~ Dane Cook
- If you live to be a hundred, I hope to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. ~ Winnie the Pooh
- Oh, if it be and call thee mine, love, thou art everyday my Valentine! ~ Thomas Hood
- Some women don't need flowers, candy, or candlelight dinners on Valentine's Day. Please be advised that I am not one of them. ~ Author Unknown
- Valentine's Day is when a lot of married men are reminded what a poor shot Cupid really is. ~ Author Unknown
- I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. ~ Author Unknown
- A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love to you. ~ Author Unknown
- If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the evening sky would be in the palm of my hands. ~ Author Unknown
- For it is not into my ear you whispered,but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.. ~ Judy Garland
- The hours I spent with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seem angels, but I have seen thee and thou is enough. ~ George Moore
- Flowers for Valentines Day - Flower Meanings vs Grea...
Flower meanings for Valentines Day - learn which flowers say what so that you can give your lover the right flowers...
- Buy A Romantic Music Box Or Romantic Jewelry Box For...
Musical jewelry boxes make romantic gifts for Valentine's Day or a wedding anniversary. Here are some romantic jewelry boxes that would be perfect for the woman in your life.
- Romantic Heart Pendants For Valentine's Day
Romance is in the air, and what could be more romantic than a shining, golden token of your love - a heart-shaped, diamond pendant. Whether your Valentine's Day tribute to your
- Valentine's Day ~ What are the origins of Valentines...
Valentine's Day, What are the origins of Valentines Day. Valentines Day myths. Evertything you wanted to know about Valentine's Day.
More by this Author
Snowmen are one the favorite symbols of winter. They are cute and cuddly looking. Imagine your loved one's surprise when you present them with a plate of homemade snowman cookies.
December, the wonderful month of snow, ice skating, Christmas, and all things good.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.