Christmas Gifts for Kids with Money Saving Tips
Christmas Gifts for Little Kids
Christmas Gifts for Kids
How do you shop for Christmas presents?See results without voting
What to Buy Kids for Christmas
What parent doesn't love to buy special presents for their children? This time of year, many parents scramble to find the best Christmas gifts for their children. I myself really enjoy trying to find fun toys for my children while staying within a reasonable budget.
In 2011, I completely finished with my shopping before Thanksgiving, and in 2012 I did the same. Now in 2013, I'm determined to do it again! I found some great toys AND I saved money doing so.
This will be an updated hub of gifts I bought for my children. I will add to it every year to keep the list fresh!
Also, look below to find my money saving tips. These you can use whenever and wherever you shop!
Gifts for a Little BoyClick thumbnail to view full-size
Gifts for a Pre-School Boy
1. Pop-Up Tents—Kids like to 'camp out', even when indoors! The best thing is these tents fold flat and store nicely!
2. Blankets or throws—Blankets are great, especially when they include kids' favorite characters!
3. LeapFrog Text and Learn—My son is at the perfect age to start recognizing letters and their sounds, so why not make learning fun? With this , he can interact with the puppy ‘Scout’ and learn his letters at the same time. LeapFrog Text and Learn
4. Mega Bloks Thomas & Friends Play Set—My son also loves Thomas the Train and blocks, so this set by Mega Bloks was a great idea! He can continuously change the tracks as he wishes, and the bonus for me is that it comes with its own storage container.
5. Alphie, The Learning Toy Robot—Do you remember Alphie? He was a hot toy back in the 1980s, and he’s back again! This new little Alphie robot is another learning toy that I wanted to get for my son. With Alphie, he’ll be practicing letter sounds, shapes, patterns and vocabulary.
6. LeapFrog LeapPad Utlra-- In 2013, one of the biggest toys for preschool kids will be the LeapPad Ultra, making the LeapPad 2 into an actual tablet for little kids. We have the LeapPad 2, but we're going to upgrade! There's also the LeapPad 3 now that's said to be even faster!
Gifts for a Little GirlClick thumbnail to view full-size
Little People Disney Princess
Gifts for a Little Girl
1. Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stroller Styled Walker—My daughter is still getting the hang of walking, so this Stoller/Walker from Fisher Price was perfect. It can be played with as she’s sitting on the floor or when she’s ready to get up and walk, she can safely push it around. It doesn’t come with a doll, but…
2. Fisher-Price Little Mommy Newborn Nursery Doll--…there’s always the Fisher Price Little Mommy baby! It was really hard for me to find a nice, soft, not-creepy baby doll (you know what I’m talking about…the ones that make noise and move on their own…). This little baby was so cute, soft, and smelled like a newborn. Ah.
3. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smilin' Smart Phone—My daughter loves to imitate how her mommy talks on her cell phone. She uses anything—socks, little toy elephants, her hand—to say ‘Hiya!’ into her ‘phone’. I just had to get her this cute little imitation smart phone. Don’t panic! It’s not real; she won’t have one of those until she’s much, much older…This one is just a fun, musical toy that teaches things like the ABCs, numbers, weather and more.
4. Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace: This I purchased at Toys R' Us where they had an awesome deal going for Fisher-Price. The castle is a medium sized toy and comes with two figures to play with. There are additional figures and carriages to buy, but I'm going to start with just the castle.
5. Broom and Dustpan Set: My little girl likes to steal my broom from me when I'm trying to clean up, so I got her a set of her own. It comes with a kid sized broom, brush, and dustpan (see photo above). I found it for a great price on Amazon.
6. Anything Frozen. Who's little girls love Elsa and Ana? Enough said.
Christmas Shopping Ideas
- How to Think of Gift Ideas
Need gifts ideas for family or friends? Be prepared all year long with a variety of perfect gift ideas for the family and friends in your life. Learn how to be prepared with gifts all year long, with birthday gifts, family gifts, holiday gifts, and m
Best Ways to Save Money
How to Save Money When Christmas Shopping
Who doesn't love to save money? Here are a few tips to save money when you are buying Christmas gifts for your children:
1. Plan ahead. Make a list of the items you'd like to buy at home. If you try to shop without a list, you might spend more than you intended.
2. Compare. With your list, look through the holiday circulars and store websites to find the best price. Keep in mind that some internet prices are sometimes different than in-store prices. On your list, make note in which store (or website) you will buy the gift.
3. Coupons and deals. This time of year, many stores are offering a multitude of coupons and deals, especially for toys. Look again in circulars and online to find coupons (or codes if shopping online). Also look to see if there are any special offers, like BOGO 50% /free or earning money on a rewards card or gift card after making a purchase. You can also join sites like Ebates or Swagbucks to earn cash back and rewards for shopping online!
4. Shop Only with Your List and Coupons. Stick with your original plan. If you find an item while you are in the stores that you'd like to add, wait until your next trip out and do your homework on where you can find that item for the best price. (If you are spending a lot of money on gas, however, it might be worth it to get the item right then and there. My shopping area is less than 3 minutes away from my house, so it's not too bad for me to make multiple trips...)
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids
- Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers and Babies: Goodies to Put in Their Baskets That are Sugarless and
This has great Easter basket ideas that would be awesome as stocking stuffers!
More by this Author
Here are some helpful tips to help you survive Christmas, from buying gifts to cleaning up after all the fun is over.
Throwing a party and need an idea for party favors? Try the grab box! Great for Christmas or birthday parties.
Am I pregnant? How early can I take a pregnancy test? When can I take a pregnancy test? Find out about pregnancy tests and the best time to take one if you are trying to have a baby.