Alphabet Birthday Party
A birthday party is a once-a year event for your child and with a little time and preparation it can be very special day for them. For children between the age of 6-8 they are in this age where they are open to a much wider range of theme party and activities to choose from.
Alphabet Party theme party is fun for dressing up and easy to plan. It allows children to choose their own fancy dress. Here are some ideas:
- Kids can dress as long as it starts with the letter of the alphabet you have chosen as your theme.
- You can have the initial of your birthday celebrant as an example.
- You can have an alphabet party that each guest will come or dress in the letter they have chosen.
- Make sure the invitation display the theme letter prominently (or use cards cut into the shape of the letter itself).
- Use crafts materials, decorate with glitter pens or sequence or whatever you have at home. You can say in the invitation like "Pamela invites you to a P Party."
Decoration Ideas :
- Cover walls with alphabet posters and big sheets of coloured paper with the theme letter drawn or painted on.
- Paint letters on balloons, like the first letter of each guest name.
Food: Try to match the food to the theme, even if you have to make silly names to label each platter . For example for a “P” party you might serve pikelets or pancakes, potato wedges , pineapple kebabs, pizza, potato pie, pink marshmallows, a cake in the shape of the themed letter.
Games and Activities :
- Rename any games you want to play so that they start with your theme letter. Example for a letter P party, pass the parcel, puzzles, pin the donkey’s tail.
Take Home Bags:
- Use a bag or cup with the theme letter (or the first initial of guest’s names ) painted on.
- You can buy alphabet stickers, a cupcake or biscuit with one or more letters, a chocolate or biscuit in the shape of the theme letter.
If you still have the time you may like to try some of my easy recipes:
- No Bake Cheese Cake - Cheesecake can be served as dessert and considered to be a sophisticated treat to have for morning or afternoon tea. This is a very easy and simple recipe to make, it is for people who don't like to bake.
- Hazelnut Slice - This yummy easy hazelnut slice recipe is very simple and easy to make, even kids can make it. For those of you who have a sweet tooth, this one is for you.
More by this Author
Parol is a traditional Filipino Christmas decoration, a five point star-shaped Christmas lantern. Parol reminds the Filipino Christians of the star of Bethlehem that guided the Three Wise Men on their way in search of ...
Simbang Gabi is a Filipino Christmas tradition, it is is a series of nine dawn masses, the mass starts as early as 4:00 a.m. It begins on December 16 and ends on the midnight of the 24th of December.
From apple to watermelon, an A- Z list of different fruits and some related facts. Lots of photos included!