Veroniquebee profile image 81

What is better - meaningless gift or no gift at all?

So, since Christmas are just outside the doors (according to the shops, Chrstmas are sometime in October, but aaaanyway), I've been itching to ask - what is better; gift you give someone just for the sake of some returning the favour (such as those not very useful porcelain elephants which tend to just collect dust on the shelf and are damn bother during cleaning), or just sincerely wishing someone happy holidays?

kittythedreamer profile image96

Author Nicole Canfield (kittythedreamer) says

• Veroniquebee profile image

Veroniquebee 4 years ago

I myself do not give the gifts bak to anywhere - but it gets a bit awkward to keep those gifts in a box somewhere, only to pull them out when the gifter is about to visit. Definitely shows we should use our brains when picking gifts!

PA Grad Gal profile image89

PA Grad Gal says

• Veroniquebee profile image

Veroniquebee 4 years ago

Definitely. Sadly, sincerity as a gift is sadly underappreciated.

cat on a soapbox profile image81

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• Veroniquebee profile image

Veroniquebee 4 years ago

Now the homecooked meal as a gift definitely sounds like a nice suggestion, and one which definitely needs a lot of thinking behind that! Thanks for the idea!

Shyron E Shenko profile image85

Shyron E Shenko says

• Veroniquebee profile image

Veroniquebee 4 years ago

I wasn't speaking about size of the gift, as I was speaking about the thoughts behind the gift. I know what you mean, and I agree with you - as long as people actually think before they give a gift, which sadly happens less and less I think :(

Alecia Murphy profile image88

Alecia Murphy says

• Veroniquebee profile image

Veroniquebee 4 years ago

That's true - sadly, sometimes I have the feeling that junk is all what people give each other, instead of banging their head against the wall while trying to figure THE perfect gift for someone.