KatyWhoWaited profile image 82

What are some strategies for facing Christmas if you don't really want to?

I know to reach out to others, to think of how to make others happy is paramount, but sometimes you have to get out of your dread to do that. Are there simple strategies, like burning pine scented candles, or... (I'm sorry) that's the measley example I can come up with. I know the source of my dread - disappointment in life, no money for presents, but those are too huge to solve in two days! Help! something simple.

• KatyWhoWaited profile image

KatyWhoWaited 4 years ago

LB, THANK YOU! See my response to JThomp42 - love the idea of last names matching personality!!! Also, "fixing it" came to my mind when I couldn't sleep."Ignoring it" or distracting oneself from it IS a good short answer just to get thru the holiday

jodeci profile image60

jodeci says

• KatyWhoWaited profile image

KatyWhoWaited 4 years ago

Jodeci, THANK YOU! This will make a GREAT hub! I used to be able to do self-hypnosis, but kind of lost it, but I'll try meditation (which is a form) again. R u sure if I "shut off my mind" at this age, I'll be able to turn it back on again? ;) ;)

joanwz profile image86

Joan Whetzel (joanwz) says

• KatyWhoWaited profile image

KatyWhoWaited 4 years ago

Joanwz, I never tried the "primal scream" before, but I'm going to now! I'll wait til I'm in "primal scream" mode. I just posted a pic. on FB of an old ornament a friend gave me yrs ago; I think she'll love that, so I'm happy right now :) THANK U!

KatyWhoWaited profile image82

KatyWhoWaited says

Violet Flame profile image83

Violet Flame says

Marcus99 profile image60

Is a really great guy (Marcus99) says

0

• KatyWhoWaited profile image

KatyWhoWaited 4 years ago

THANK YOU J! I've planned - a "play-a-thon of darts, ping pong, and drop Santa in the milk bottle for our ADULT kids. We're going to break a cookie, wish on half, 'n throw the other half to the birds. We going to cut r 1st CA grown Christmas lemon!