ChristinS profile image 91

Valentine's Day As Couples do you celebrate it or ignore it?

We tend to ignore it. In our minds it's a manufactured holiday designed to get people to buy a lot of junk and express sentiments because they feel they have to. I personally love it when my partner surprises me throughout the year randomly. He's very sweet and will bring me a rose or something if he knows I'm having a tough day. We both compliment one another regularly - because we want to and mean it - not because of a holiday. Valentine's to us seems kind of fake. Do you and your partner celebrate it? Do you put a lot of emphasis on it?

beckisgiftguides profile image91

Becki Rizzuti (beckisgiftguides) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

Agreed with the kids :) I had a ball helping my little guy fill out his valentine's for class and I plan to get them both a little treat tomorrow.

merej99 profile image89

Meredith Loughran (merej99) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

I understand that! :) We get along great still, but I think the dynamic changes over the years and sometimes absence indeed makes the heart grow fonder. Personal time is very important.

Faith Reaper profile image86

Faith Reaper says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

I totally agree. It's those little random acts that seem to be the most appreciated too. :)

grand old lady profile image91

Mona Sabalones Gonzalez (grand old lady) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

Galentine's and Palentine's - I love that idea :) very cute.

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

Funny how the dynamic changes from dating to married isn't it? When we were dating he had roses sent to me, but we also lived 90 minutes apart. Today, we sack out on the sofa and watch a show together lol.

wychic profile image80

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 2 years ago

I prefer flowers you can keep, so for mothers day one year they planted a rose bush for me in front :) that way you keep on getting flowers - that's the way to go. :)