Updated 2011 - Where can I mail or drop off a letter to Santa Claus?
Santa has an official address
Every year thousands of children write their letters to Santa Claus. Some put them beside the tree with milk and cookies and others put them in the mail. This year Macy's is the place to drop off those letters and support a worthy cause.
And if you want your child to receive a letter back from "Santa", they can do so with a little help from you. Just follow the instructions below.
Drop off your letters to Santa
How to receive a letter from Santa
The United States Post Office will help you with your letter to Santa. Here is how you can do it:
- Parents, guardians and other Santa’s helpers write a response letter from Santa to your child
- After writing Santa's response letter, place it in a stamped envelope addressed to the intended recipient.
- “Santa, North Pole, Alaska,” should be included as the return address in the upper left corner of the envelope.
- Mail your letter you wrote from Santa by placing it in a second, larger, envelope with postage on it
- Address the second envelope with the official address below
- Postal "elves” will open the envelopes, postmark Santa's reply letters with a North Pole cancellation stamp, and mail them back to the children they are addressed to.
Official Address for a letter from Santa:
NORTH POLE HOLIDAY CANCELLATION
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
Deadlines for your child's letter from Santa:
- North Pole postmark requests must arrive before Dec. 15.
- Please mail your request by Dec. 10.
Macy's Santa Letter Drop Off
Drop off your letters to Santa in Macy's "Believe" Christmas campaign
Drop your letters to Santa at Macy's.
This year Macy's is supporting the "Make a Wish Foundation" by collecting letters from Santa. Go to any Macy's across the country and drop off your letter to Santa in the official Santa mail box.
For every letter to Santa that is dropped off, Macy's will donate $1 (up to one million dollars) to the "Make a Wish Foundation".
Macy's will collect the letters addressed to Santa and then drop them at the post office.
(Remember--Macy's is for drop off only. To receive a letter you still need to follow the above instructions)
More by this Author
What determines the value in art? If we measure the value with the commodity of time, than we must agree that art that took the longest to create would be the most valuable. In this case, a piece of art such as the...
Foreclosure timeline is based on two different types of documents and processes. One is called the "deed of trust" the other is called a "mortgage". It is confusing because most people refer to their...
Every video and book jacket I see of Yoga instruction shows a thin, flexible person bending with fluid precision. But what about yoga for fat people? Is that even possible? One of the problems with being a plus...