5 Easy Valentine's Day Gifts for Kids
Valentine's Day brings romance and love for people of all ages. As much as some adults look forward to enjoying this special sweet day, it's just as exciting for younger kids too! My daughter especially (who's 7) looks forward to this day. In fact, she already had her handmade cards that she did individually for each of her classmates and teacher done last month! She surprised me with a basket full of cards that she had made on her own in her room as well as handing me my own. Kids are so thoughtful when it comes to holidays like Valentine's Day, and if your child is anything like mine, he/she is more than willing to hand out a very lovely handmade gift for their teacher, friends, or family.
Be My Valentine Pencil Toppers
You will need; scissors, craft foam, permanent markers, pipe cleaner, and a pencil.
- Cut a 1-2 inch heart from craft foam. Print a short message on the front with permanent marker and the name of the giver on the back.
- Poke an inch of the pipe cleaner through the bottom of the heart, bend it down, and twist it back around the remaining length of the pipe cleaner.
- Then, coil the pipe cleaner tightly around the pencil. Gently pull up on the heart so that part of the coil bobs freely above the pencil, with several loops anchored around the eraser end.
A Round of Applause
You will need; card stock, marker, tube of lotion, and double-sided tape.
- First, trace your childs hand on the card stock. Cut out the traced hand and use it as a template to make a second hand.
- With the marker, write a short message. Using the double-sided tape, place the hands on the tube of lotion and add card stock hearts.
This is a great little project for kids who are just learning how to sew. You'll need; 6" x 4" piece of Valentine themed fabric, scissors, 3 stick pins, needle, white thread, lollipop, and pattern.
- First, print or draw your pattern. Fold the piece of paper the pattern is printed on at the fold line indicated on the pattern. Cut pattern out so when the paper is opened, it is in the shape of a heart.
- Fold fabric over so that it is two-ply thick. Place pattern onto fabric and pin in place.
- Cut around the pattern then remove pins in pattern.
- Place the lollipop on top of the fabric you just cut out. You will need to make sure that the bottom opening is large enough for the head of the lollipop to fit through. Trim the open of the fabric as needed.
- Use a simple stitch (like a blanket stitch) to sew the two pieces of fabric together. Be sure to leave the bottom open to slide the lollipop into. Tie off the ending stitch and slide the lollipop inside.
You will need; construction paper (pink, red, white) scissors, glue, markers, picture of someone you love.
- Using different colored construction paper, cut out lots of little hearts. Ask your child to describe the person they love, for example; "I love you because you are.....". Each word your child uses can be written in a heart.
- Depending on the size of the photo, if you're photo is a 3 1/2 x 5, use a 5x7 sheet of construction paper and glue photo to the center of the paper. Then glue all of the hearts around it.
Flower Pot Photo Holder
For each flower you'll need; 5"–7" x 1/4"-diam dowel, 2" wooden heart, 3/4" binder clip, red and green acrylic paints, paintbrushes, 2"-3" terra-cotta pot, scraps of green craft paper, floral foam, basket grass, and low-temp glule gun.
- Paint dowel green and heart red. Paint the pot if you choose to.
- Cut two 3" long leaves from the craft paper.
Glue clip with prongs unfolded and opening upward to back of heart near top to hold snapshot. Glue dowel below clip (it will cover one prong). Glue leaves to dowel. Fill pot with foam and top with grass. Insert flower. Catch photo in clip.
More to Read Online:
- Keeping Kids Fit: Fun Fitness Equipment for Kids Online
We all want to keep our kids happy and healthy. We make sure they eat right; plenty of fruits and vegetables. Make sure they're on the right path of learning in school. Provide them with plenty of books to...
- 10 Amazing Skin Care Essentials
Your skin is the largest organ and given that some adults carry around about 8 pounds and 22 square feet of it, it should also be very well taken care of. Our flesh provides much more than making us look...
- 5 Keys to Happiness
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." A favorite quote by Abraham Lincoln comes to mind when I sit and think of what makes people happy. There are tons of books and articles out...
- Tasteful Tea Benefits
Aahhh, there's nothing better than to start your morning with a nice cup of hot tea. Next to water, it's the most widely consumed beverage in the world! Isn't it great to know that your choice of beverage is...
- Diamond Key Pendant Necklaces Online: Great Gift for Ladies
Having trouble looking for a gift for your special someone? Here's a great solution for you, diamond key pendant necklaces. So why this necklace, what makes this so special? Well for starters, most ladies...
- Miche Bags: Unique Designer Handbags
The Miche Bag is an exciting line of designer handbags. For those who want more customizable, versatile purses, Miche Bags are for you! This line of handbags are unlike any you've seen before. Imagine one bag...
- Sweet Deals on Chocolate Gifts Online
Chocolate may be considered to some as the best thing on earth! Whether you enjoy a bite or two occasionally or indulge in some everyday, there's a simple joy taken from treating yourself to a taste of...
More by this Author
Only in the Philippines will you find a great number of rare and exotic animals. The sourrounding waters of this country alone have been reported to have the highest level of biodiversity in the world. It is home to 165...
Andres Bonifacio is a well known filipino nationalist and revolutionary. In the time of spanish colonial rule, he became the founder and leader of the Katipunan Movement that sought the independence of the Philippines...
Baby showers are almost always filled with much fun, laughter, food, family, friends, gifts, and let's not forget- the games! Any one with a competitive spirit arrives at any baby shower with a feeling of excitement and...