least favorite holidays and why?

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

My two least favorite holidays are Saint Patricks Day and Valentines Day.

I dislike Saint Patrick's Day, because everyone assumes I celebrate it because of my last name, and I don't appreciate being pinched repeatedly because I might forget to wear green. It's also that time of the year when I get compared to the "lucky charms" cereal dude, because I am short. Annoying.

I dislike Valentine's Day because the commercial machine leaves people like me out of it's yearly onslaught of using pictures of straight couples in love to sell candy, flowers and cards. It's also kind of a downer, because it often makes me question whom I truly love. or their love for me.

My favorite holiday is Halloween. I can do or be anything I want, and have a party. Almost everyone is having a good time, and nobody cares what anyone thinks. And, I don't have to invite the family.

2. GiblinGirl profile image87
    GiblinGirlposted 4 years ago

I would definitely agree that Halloween is the best holiday.  I think my least favorite would have to be Thanksgiving.  With all the countries out there that are starving, do we really need a holiday all about binging on as much food as possible?

1. 61
      westalan80posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I second your views Giblin, its my least favourite holiday too, i feel the same that its terrible for all those people out there starving, infact i often make my charities around thanksgiving hoping it may bring a litlle happiness somewhere to someone out there.