jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Pumpkin Carving or Pumpkin Painting - which do you prefer

1. Novel Treasure profile image85
    Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago

In our household, we adopted the pumpkin painting because we have little ones that have no business being around a knife. So I got the idea to let them paint their pumpkins, and mommy and daddy would carve.

What would you choose? And yes, you can answer both if you like them both : )

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Personally, I love to carve.  smile  I'm more creative and able with a knife than with a paint brush.  My mother used to paint a bit, and her pumpkins always came out beautiful!  I think it's great fun to do either.

2. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

Pumpkin pie eating

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Another fabulous suggestion.  wink

3. kathleenkat profile image90
    kathleenkatposted 4 years ago

Painting is great if you wish to use the pumpkin for pumpkin pie, in the future.

Carving is great if you want delicious baked pumpkin seeds! And, you can see it at night. When I was a kid, I'd always draw my design, then my parents would carve it out for me. They would, however, let me gut the pumpkin. They let me start using a knife when I was middle school, I think.

4. GiblinGirl profile image88
    GiblinGirlposted 4 years ago

I've actually never carved a pumpkin so I guess by default I would say painting - although I actually like to use a variety of colored sharpie markers instead of paints.  I find them easier to use.

5. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I've always craved my pumpkins...that way the lit candle can dance inside on Halloween night. smile