jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

What is the one thing you hate about the holidays?

1. michelemacwrites profile image86
    michelemacwritesposted 3 years ago

So the holidays are almost here. What do you most hate most about the holidays?

1. KDeus profile image96
      KDeusposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree with janesix. There is so much greed in the world and it is over materialistic things. The lines, the trampling to get that "hot deal", the fighting, shootings, all over "things". It's so sad, especially when there are so many that die each day because they don't have the basics - food, water, shelter. Breaks my heart.

2. ZipperConstantine profile image81
      ZipperConstantineposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Families that can't enjoy being together because of conflicts, personalities and so forth.  So many people get depressed this time of year because of family problems.  They miss out on so much by not forgiving and being judgmental.  Christmas is a time of forgiveness and love honoring our Savior's birthday.

2. janesix profile image74
    janesixposted 3 years ago

Materialistic obsession. It's disgusting.

3. 0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 3 years ago

The Avon orders go down to zero on holidays. Blog views are also sparse. If you ask me, they could abolish holidays.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 3 years ago

What I hate most about the holidays is mostly the people who hate holidays. lol

5. lilmamakim profile image61
    lilmamakimposted 3 years ago

I hate that people seem to have forgotten what Christmas is all about. And I hate that it's apparently offensive to some if I wish them a "Merry Christmas". We are supposed to just say Happy Holidays instead. Well my version of Happy Holidays, is MERRY CHRISTMAS! Why should that offend anyone??? If you are for example, Jewish, just respond back with Happy Hanukkah, I wont be offended, thats THEIR version, of Happy Holiday!

6. paulburchett profile image78
    paulburchettposted 3 years ago

Paying the electric company an extra $200 or so a month---Christmas lights. We've got em everywhere lol.

7. misstoughcookie97 profile image79
    misstoughcookie97posted 3 years ago

Spending so much money and by the end you have none left.

8. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 3 years ago

What I'm now about to do; push my way through the crowded supermarket for groceries.