jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Family And Friends

1. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 3 years ago

Today our family spent a wonderful Christmas day celebrating the spirit of the season and enjoying the company of family.  My oldest daughter and her husband hosted a fantastic brunch complete with a warm and beautiful family gathering, excellent food and a pleasant array of Christmas carols.

My youngest daughter decided to stay and play board games.  A few hours later I received a couple of phone calls.  One phone call was from my youngest daughter and she was crying.  She was missing our traditional Christmas evening at home and she was missing her parents.  Then, my oldest daughter called to describe in detail that her sister was crying and wanted her mommy. 

They all were missing our traditional family Christmas dinner, at our home, and wanted me to pack up the dinner I prepared, bring it to them tonight and then serve it.  I love my beautiful family and tonight I feel especially loved and needed. 

Please enjoy and appreciate every moment with family and friends.

1. EsmeSanBona profile image87
      EsmeSanBonaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story.  I am all about hearing about the goodness and warmth that people are sharing for and with one another. 

I wish you and your family the best in the coming year!

twilanelsonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you EsmeSanBona and may you and your loved ones enjoy a fantastic year in 2013.

2. JRScarbrough profile image87
    JRScarbroughposted 3 years ago

Thank you so much. I love hearing beautiful stories and dreaming about other people’s homes duing Christmas. Your’s sounds very cozy and loving.

twilanelsonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you JRScarbrough,  Although, it is only July you have helped me make the decision to always make sure there is something special at our home (especially during holidays) for our family to enjoy the company of each other.  Please enjoy the rest of this wondrous year.