jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)

Merry Christmas everyone :)

1. Hamshi profile image82
    Hamshiposted 2 years ago

It's going to be Christmas here in UK in about an hour so I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!
    Hope you all have a fabulous one..enjoy!

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this
    2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

3. Hikapo profile image85
      Hikapoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Merry Xmas!

4. The Examiner-1 profile image84
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you. We only have about six hours to go here in North America.

1. 0
        Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

That puts me at 2 am... are you in CA?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image84
          The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Nope, sorry. I am on the east coast.

5. A Thousand Words profile image81
      A Thousand Wordsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas, and however else you say it in other languages!!!

2. SAM ELDER profile image77
    SAM ELDERposted 2 years ago

Merry Christmas!

3. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

We have about 13 hours til 6 am, when I assume a little person will shake me out of my sleep. Merry Christmas! smile

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

And were you rudely awakened as I was?

Merry Christmas, Beth.

1. 0
        Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Lol... no. I don't know if Christmas elves had anything to do with it, but somehow she went downstairs and watched tv without waking anyone. I think it's cause she knew we weren't opening presents until her older siblings got here so she probably decided it wasn't worth her time to wake anyone.

Either way, I still got up before 6:30... stupid inner alarm clock. I have been enjoying such activities as Christmas vacuuming, Christmas taking out the garbage and Christmas cleaning the bathroom. I'm ready to go now though. My oldest son went to AL with his new wife to see her family and we're waiting for their arrival. My oldest daughter has a 14 page term paper to write and today is her only day off. We don't know if we'll even see her. Poor thing.

Life is full of such struggles. Some small, some great. I guess I have a great one ahead of me, but for today... with all my kids well and their little bellies full. Life is good. I think of one of my favorite Christmas verses... hopefully you'll allow me to contemplate for a moment... "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"

Merry Christmas Wilderness and to all! smile

4. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago

Christmas Day in Australia is well underway. Nearly midday here. Best wishes to everyone. smile

1. LongTimeMother profile image97
      LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have just heard about a bakery that is opening its doors to feed homeless and disadvantaged people free Christmas lunch.  I think that's great and will certainly buy something from them next time I am in that town. Good business people deserve support.

If you have homeless folk near your home, I hope you'll take some leftovers from your Christmas feast and make a delivery. smile

When I lived in the city I used to wrap gifts for children (often just toys in good condition that my kids had outgrown) and randomly hand them out to children I passed when driving by.  The kids didn't have to be obviously homeless but if I spotted their families on foot on Christmas day in an area other than a beach, I'd just park my car and wander up and give them a brightly wrapped present.

Living off the grid away from the city denies me that fun. For anyone living in a city, please take a few small gifts in your car as you drive around to your friends and family ... just in case you spot a young one who looks like they'd love a small gift from a secret Santa!

1. IzzyM profile image84
        IzzyMposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are amazing!

I wish I'd thought of doing that instead of just handing used, but good toys, into charities.
        All kids love receiving gifts, and love being given toys, regardless of whether they are new or not. Taking the wrapping off is probably the best fun of all.

Most kids don't fall into the the bracket of being on a registered charity's list, but many need and appreciate such a gift from a stranger.

What a great idea!

1. LongTimeMother profile image97
          LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Guess I should have written a hub about it a month ago to get hubbers inspired, IzzyM. Bit late now I guess, but I hope at least a few might take up the idea. My kids and I would recycle the wrapping paper from under the tree (they got in the habit of unwrapping but not scrunching the paper) and then race into their bedrooms to look for toys they didn't need anymore. Of course that process is much easier when there's new presents to find room for on the shelf. lol.

Some parents were grateful, some seemed a little wary, but the kids were always excited and the parents would wave once the kids had opened the present and seen it was something nice. smile

5. 0
    MysticMoonlightposted 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to you too, Hamshi smile

6. Silva Hayes profile image96
    Silva Hayesposted 2 years ago

Merry Christmas, everyone!  It's 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve here in Texas.  May your holidays be merry and bright.

7. 0
    Ritesh Nisharposted 2 years ago

Merry Christmas

8. 0
    Ghaelachposted 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all our hubbers and those just visiting.
    Christmas day has arrived and we get to stop in bed, no kids here to wake us at 05:00am. Our kids have their own kids now.
    Have a wonderful day and just think for a minute of those that can't.
    LOL Ghaelach

9. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to HubberLand.  May you all enjoy the day as much as I will.

10. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 2 years ago via iphone

Merry Christmas to all. It is better to give than to receive.  My daughter used to make sandwiches for the homeless. We gave money to homeless shelter. Many homeless people have mental illness while some just are down on their luck. Good luck to all hubbers and have a great day.