jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

I'm leaving hubpages forever

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

As many of my fans know, I've been struggling to get back into the swing of things when it comes to writing on here.  Before I came here, I was just a young man seeking a place to belong, while looking for a place where I can write about the things that bring me the most joy...while making a little bit of money on the side of course....

However, since breaking up with my ex a few months ago, I've been struggling trying to get back into the rythm of things again.  The truth is I have very severe writer's block, and my traffic has descreased dramatically when I got distracted by my last relationship last year so much that I hardly had any time to review anything.  Not to mention, it looks like all my old friends that I used to talk to in forums are no longer here anymore to converse with me.

Sadly, I'm just going to quit hubpages.  I already sent a letter to the staff already asking them to delete my account effective immediately. Therefore, I guess this is goodbye.  I just want to say to all of you..thank you.  For the past few years of my life,  hubpages served as the only outlet in my life that ever allowed me to talk about things that I was passionate about.  In real life, people never want to hear what I have to say.  In fact, I'm kind of introverted in real life for those who care to know, but hubpages always served as an outlet for me to express myself openly. 

But like Q said in "Star Trek:  The Next Generation" once, "All good things must come to an end."  And it's with a heavy heart that I must say goodbye to you all now.  Thank you hubpages staff for the opportunity, and while it's been fun, but I think it's about time to leave writing to the professionals.  And, that's exactly what everyone else on hubpages happens to be...real professionals.  Hence, I bid thee all fair well.  May the force be with you and all that other good crap. 

P.S.  Before I go, I just want to say one last thing.....APRIL FOOLS!!!  lol lol lol  tongue

1. literal profile image60
      literalposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thats a good one lol

2. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

I accidentally hit the scroll bar too hard and it went to the bottom of your post before I'd gotten to the 2nd paragraph. I'm glad it did. smile

3. writinglover profile image82
    writingloverposted 2 years ago

That was so heartfelt before I got to the end of your post! That was great! big_smile

4. Stevennix2001 profile image83

Thanks ladies for the concern, but I'm glad you enjoyed the April fool's joke.  At first, i wasn't really sure if i wanted to go through with this post, but I figured what the hey.  Anyways, sorry to worry you both though.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 2 years ago

I was feeling quite sad for you till the end.  Now - well I just got had.  Lol.

6. lbsf1 profile image86
    lbsf1posted 2 years ago

Proves what a good writer you are, your faked reasons were very convincing/upsetting wink

7. John Serpico profile image82
    John Serpicoposted 2 years ago

8. calculus-geometry profile image84
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

Wow, that's the only HP flounce that didn't make my eyes roll out of my sockets.  Well played!

9. janshares profile image86
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

LOL!!! I fell for it! Good one. smile

10. fpherj48 profile image80
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

OK...that was GOOD.  You got me, that's for sure.  The whole time I read your sad Good Bye...I was thinking to myself..."Gosh, I'm just finding this writer and I LOVE reading movie reviews...and he's LEAVING!!"   I had 30 seconds of major disappointment...glad it was an April Fool's spoof!
    I'll be reading your work in the coming days!  I'm glad you're staying.

11. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 2 years ago

that was a good one! I was about to write a long post encouraging you to keep on writing, but looks like i dont need to!

12. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 2 years ago

I knew this was a load of shit!!! Ha ha! April Fool's

13. Stevennix2001 profile image83

lol  well thanks guys for the compliments.  I'm glad you all enjoyed the april fool's joke. wink