jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

so THANKFUL to be an AMERICAN on this WONDERFUL July 4th! Say it LOUD

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What makes you very proud to be an American?  What makes America the greatest country in this world?   What do you wish for America?

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Here's a brutal 3-minute, 26-second video. Be forewarned, the F-bomb is in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw

Meanwhile, I agree with gmwilliams and am likewise fond of my country. Have no plans to move anywhere else any time soon.

3. weezyschannel profile image85
    weezyschannelposted 2 years ago

I wish for peace and that's it -just peace

4. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago

I wouldn't think of living in any other country in the world.

5. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

I agree with weezyschannel - peace.  Peace, not for just America but all countries.  Or is that asking too much?  Anyhow - Happy Birthday America!

6. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I have to be honest - I love this country, but I certainly don't find it to be the best one on Earth for numerous reasons.  I'm proud of my heritage, but I know there are many wonderful countries.  I am most proud of being a world citizen and human being - I feel no need for extreme patriotism.  I suppose that view will be unpopular, but I've always felt that way. It seems silly to me to proclaim one's own country the "best on Earth".  If we haven't lived elsewhere, how can we possibly know that for sure? wink

7. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

LOVE this country for the myriad opportunities it presents.  Love America as one can constantly reinvent himself/herself.  Love America for its many cultures.   America is INDEED the GREATEST country on this earth.  There is NO OTHER country in the world like it!