jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

I'm Dreaming of a (blank) Christmas

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
    Jacqueline4390posted 23 months ago

If you had the opportunity to spend Christmas anywhere in the world; just where would it be?

Jacqueline4390posted 23 months ago in reply to this

I love mountains and snow so I would love to be maybe in Switzerland or maybe in some Scandinavian country where there are beautiful slopes and the air would have a crisp, chilling feeling!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
        The Examiner-1posted 23 months ago in reply to this

If I could spend Christmas during a warm spring day then I would not mind.

2. word55 profile image82
      word55posted 23 months ago in reply to this

I'm dreaming of a warm and sunny Christmas in Florida. I'd rather avoid the snow and cold for a change.

3. matkasatta profile image60
      matkasattaposted 23 months ago in reply to this
  2. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 23 months ago

Home with my family.
    I wouldn't mind snow on Christmas day. smile

3. Kalafina profile image77
    Kalafinaposted 23 months ago

Hawaii. On a bright Christmas day!

1. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yep, I'm with you smile I can't stand snow and cold

4. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 23 months ago

I would like to go back in time to a Christmas past, to my family's Christmas dinner. It was sooo good... My Mom made the best dressing (stuffing?) the best gravy on the planet.

5. 0
    Crisantonioposted 23 months ago

Germany! I want to be in my mother's town in Wuerzburg. I miss Christkindlemarkt. -_-

6. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 23 months ago

Oh me oh my oh…anywhere in the world?  smile

Why, I would take my grandchildren to a cozy chalet tucked on the outskirts of a brilliant town in Germany where we would sleep fireside, drink hot Chocolate in the mornings with our apple strudels and eggs, then make white paper snowflakes to hang in frosty windows, make paper doll garlands, play hide and seek, and bake cookies.  We would tromp in the snow to a local market, buy fresh bread and local cheeses/herbs for making toasty lunches over the fire.  In the afternoons we would build snowmen and meet local people in the area.  Every night we would have a little dinner using recipes from different European countries and have conversations about the peoples in them.  We would share lots of hugs and cuddles, play board games by big picture windows looking out at nighttime stars, and spend some time writing love notes to each other for sharing on Christmas Day.  However, where wouldn't be as important as who with.  smile

7. colorfulone profile image85
    colorfuloneposted 23 months ago

I love the four seasons right where I am.

That photo inspires me,  Jacqueline.  I am trying to get some nice photos of a Red Fox that comes to eat the scraps of food I toss off the back porch. So far, my photos are after sunset with glowing fox eyes from the flash. A snow white background could be helpful. I would love to get some photos as good as what you posted.

Hey! If you've got some good editing software like Corel PaintShop Pro then you can really get rid of that glare. But for your background; just type into the search engine whatever you are looking for and you should find some really great shots. Also PhotoPlus by Serif has some very good editing software. The reason I mention those two is because I use them and they are very economical!

Happy Photo shooting!

8. David Stone1 profile image69
    David Stone1posted 23 months ago

Interesting question with thousands of potentially exciting answers, but for me, I'm lucky to be in my hometown, New York City, every Christmas. We can walk multiple times past the Rockefeller Center Tree and through all the holiday markets.

The department store window displays are wonderful to stroll by, and everywhere, there are seasonal concerts and the upbeat spirit of tourists adds a special dimension to the town.

I can't imagine it being better anywhere else.

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
    Kathryn L Hillposted 23 months ago

I am dreaming of a stormy, thundering, lightening and gushing rain kind of Christmas!  Lights on in our houses, curtains pulled shut, fires in our fireplaces with all the ample dry logs burning, burning…

Positive thoughts for rain in CA please.

The first time, prayers were offered for rain in CA here on a HP forum and it rained the next day. The next time I asked for positive thoughts and it rained the next day! So, if anyone wants to give the state of CA an early Christmas gift, please send prayers and/or positive thoughts for a good amount of rain this winter in California!
    (Both prayers and positive thoughts work equally well, apparently. smile)
    Thank You in Advance.

To answer the OP's question, (...which I just noticed,) I would like to spend Christmas in Austria… Yep, I would go to one of their famous health spas and chill out there.
    I would also go outside to make snow angels, throw snow balls and make snowmen under the pine trees in the forests there.  And maybe I would see a fox or two, also!

Thanks for asking.

10. 60
    Jumbeuhdimiposted 23 months ago

Well, I would like to share the eve with you and try to fit in with you. But that would be difficult because you have your own way of getting things done.

For me; it would be a good idea to have the taste of your world. I mean to be with you and know about your cold mountains.

Yeah, I am a pacific islander and every Christmas time like this, we usually built fire on drift wood and watching these sailing ship crossing the ocean.

And as the night becomes thicker, the stars will then mingle with the blinking of the cargo ships and my entire view is a blinking universe.

I also don't know about those who are on the ship. May be they saw my burning woods and it must be also like a blinking star to them, too.

Anyway, this is what I use to do during such events like Christmas. Yeah, and I enjoy it a lot.

You have the "heart of a writer." The way you describe things is sheer poetry. Continue to develop your style and write often. Thanks so much for sharing!

11. Thrifty-fee profile image84
    Thrifty-feeposted 23 months ago

Lapland! Has to be wink