jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Christmas Gifts You Don't Like

1. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 22 months ago

So what do you do with the Christmas gifts you will never use?  Recycle, reuse, donate?

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Re-gift, (but never back to the original giver, so keep notes).  wink

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I regift or donate.  I have gently asked not to get anymore 'stuff' each year, but it keeps coming. I like to pick my own knick-knacks, etc.

3. Genna East profile image88
      Genna Eastposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Good question.  I donate them.  The givers of these items don't know me very well, I think, but I appreciate the thought.  Sometimes I wonder if they are re-gifting them to me.  Lol.

2. Solaras profile image92
    Solarasposted 22 months ago

I get a lot of re-gifted crap from well-off family members (things they got at the office or purchased at a charity event). That and the free gift they get if they spend $500.00 at Mark Cross sort of thing.  I give them away to anyone interested in a canvas bag etc...

If no one wants it, then I donate or yard sale it.

3. RoadMonkey profile image82
    RoadMonkeyposted 22 months ago

I don't get many if any. I negotiated cash exchanges with some and agreed no gifts with others. Miserable? It works!

4. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 22 months ago

I know it sounds lame, but I don't like getting jewelry. I don't like extravagant gifts. I like getting things I really need or enjoy. Like movies or dinners out. Any thing that wasn't working; fixed or replaced. I think big gifts scare me. I feel like big gifts are unnecessary and worry about the future and how an expensive gift will affect our family etc. I am happy with $7 earrings or a gift card to Whole Foods. I would like an i-Pod or something to listen to music on someday though.