jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Christmas Gifts You Don't Like

1. vocalcoach profile image92
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

So what do you do with the Christmas gifts you will never use?  Recycle, reuse, donate?

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Re-gift, (but never back to the original giver, so keep notes).  wink

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I regift or donate.  I have gently asked not to get anymore 'stuff' each year, but it keeps coming. I like to pick my own knick-knacks, etc.

3. Genna East profile image88
      Genna Eastposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good question.  I donate them.  The givers of these items don't know me very well, I think, but I appreciate the thought.  Sometimes I wonder if they are re-gifting them to me.  Lol.

2. Solaras profile image92
    Solarasposted 2 years ago

I get a lot of re-gifted crap from well-off family members (things they got at the office or purchased at a charity event). That and the free gift they get if they spend $500.00 at Mark Cross sort of thing.  I give them away to anyone interested in a canvas bag etc...

If no one wants it, then I donate or yard sale it.

3. RoadMonkey profile image81
    RoadMonkeyposted 2 years ago

I don't get many if any. I negotiated cash exchanges with some and agreed no gifts with others. Miserable? It works!

4. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

I know it sounds lame, but I don't like getting jewelry. I don't like extravagant gifts. I like getting things I really need or enjoy. Like movies or dinners out. Any thing that wasn't working; fixed or replaced. I think big gifts scare me. I feel like big gifts are unnecessary and worry about the future and how an expensive gift will affect our family etc. I am happy with $7 earrings or a gift card to Whole Foods. I would like an i-Pod or something to listen to music on someday though.

working