jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

April Fool's Day!

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image74
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 22 months ago

Today is April Fool's Day. I just checked Wikipedia and got the following information:

April Fools' Day (sometimes called April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day) is celebrated every year on the first day of April as a day when people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other. The jokes and their victims are known as "April fools". Hoax stories may be reported by the press and other media on this day and explained on subsequent days. Popular since the 19th century, the day is not a national holiday in any country, but it is well known in Canada, Europe, Australia, Brazil and the United States.

Please share some interesting stories related to this day. The victim may be either you or your friend or anyone known to you. It will be a funny experience. So please do narrate some funny experience.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image85
      csmiravite-blogsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Oh, FB friends sending invites to their wedding! There's one idiot who posted in big, bold letters that he has brain cancer!  Lol!  I say to him --- DIE you fool!  big_smile

2. paradigm search profile image80
    paradigm searchposted 22 months ago

I had a great one I thought about doing to HP, but it was so good it might have gotten me banned. So I've decided to defer.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 22 months ago

On a serious note, I just found out that a national British publication is carrying a link to my articles and for the first time in quite some time I am seeing a large traffic spike.
    "editors.choice20975009.hulfingtonpost.com"

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
      LuisEGonzalezposted 22 months ago in reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12313884_f248.jpg

Almost believed it myself...Oh well !

4. firstcookbooklady profile image82
    firstcookbookladyposted 22 months ago

It won't be April here in Minnesota for another three hours. I heard that at 2 a.m., there will be zero gravity for 10 seconds...

1. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Oh, that's why I woke up hovering above the bed in the wee hours of the morning. Only in Minnesota!

5. Beaddoodler profile image80
    Beaddoodlerposted 22 months ago

I think the best April Fool's joke I ever heard was the one my Mother played on my Dad the first year they were married.  He was a farmer and always arose early to care for the livestock before breakfast.  Mom cooked biscuts for breakfast and put a big wad of cotton batting in one of them.  She mads sure my Dad got that biscut. Dad came in from the barn and announced he had to hurry with breakfast because one heifer was in labor and it was her first calf.  He wanted to keep an eye on her.  He gulped down his breakfast, chewing extra long on a bite of biscut and finally swallowed with a big gulp.  He never knew there was cotton in it, so the joke was on Mom.  Oh by the way his birthday was April 1. I never saw anybody get a joke over on him.

6. paradigm search profile image80

Today is the perfect day to social media the more demented of my hubs.

7. paradigm search profile image80

For those who are interested, proceed to Google Maps and go where you live. Then click the Pac-Man icon at lower left...

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Well, it's probably better than telling me I had hub readers from the space station!  Haven't forgotten that one yet.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image85
        csmiravite-blogsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Or from the nearby planet, Mars!  big_smile

working