jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Will this Thanksgiving be a big shopping spinner

1. Sauvignon profile image59
    Sauvignonposted 7 years ago

I don't think so

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

No, people just aren't spending what they used to yet. Unemployment went up to 10%, there not gonna buy anything new.

~thranax~

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Not sure.  We were at the mall today & I can say retailers prices are lower than I've ever seen.  My son picked up 3 sweatshirts from PacSun all marked down to under $20, one originally $90.  I saw this at many of the retailers who target the teen crowd.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Yes, I bet there will be lots of sales. Great for us who still have jobs...

5. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

I hope to get another stimulus just before the big day- so I can help buy something that will go to China. Joking.

I wouldn't expect much this year.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Well, a lot of people go overboard on Christmas anyway. No need to innundate your family with gifts. I believe in quality over quantity.

1. sooner than later profile image60
      sooner than laterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

true true

7. rosescottw profile image80
    rosescottwposted 7 years ago

Thanksgiving -- Yes.  Folks will never deprive themselves of a wonderful thanksgiving to be enjoyed with family and friends. Perhaps Christmas they may cut back some.

8. Mrs.Nita profile image61
    Mrs.Nitaposted 7 years ago

For the past couple of years, some of my family members and I; all get up early and head out to the stores on Black Friday.  We'll do it again this year, but I think it's more about the fellowshipping with one another more than anything else.  I'm sure no one's really going to buy much.  Afterwards we all go out to breakfast.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thats good, I will go after the black friday, I am sure there are still lots to buy

9. K Partin profile image59
    K Partinposted 7 years ago

No way! Buy on line save your sanity!! smile

10. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

I'm thinking, probably not. sad

11. 0
    Millionheirposted 7 years ago

If there are deals there are most likely going to be people clamoring to get it! More than anything else I expect MORE of a crowd on Black Friday than any other time. People are really trying to save money these days.

working