jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Christmas Ornaments & Christmas Sweatshirts!

1. heart4theword profile image63
    heart4thewordposted 7 years ago

I was just thinking back to my younger days.... How when we were kids, our mother bought some flat wood Christmas ornaments.  They were already cut out with the outlines of the picture on the wood.  Anyway, we painted them, they looked really cool on the tree. 

When we got older our mother, one year gave us each some of these ornaments that we could now put on our tree.  It was pretty neat explaining to our kids, that we made these when we were their ages.

Another thing that was fun, was decorating a sweatshirt for Christmas theme.  There are actually kits out there you can buy to help you make some cute things. 

Some of our distant family every year when they get together for Thanksgiving, they work on their Christmas sweatshirts.  After the clean up is done, they relax the next couple of days and have a great time.  Some of them where them on their shopping spree the day after Thanksgiving.

2. heart4theword profile image63
    heart4thewordposted 7 years ago

Does this sound like something you would like to try as a new family tradition in your family?

3. bearnmom profile image51
    bearnmomposted 6 years ago

In our family we did a new ornament each Christmas for each child.  When they turned 18 they got their ornaments to keep as a starter for their own Christmas trees.  We mostly bought ceramic ornaments from craft shows but sometimes made our own using pictures of the child that year.  We never worked with the wooden ornaments except to use clothes pins to make angels.

4. Jean N Dean profile image61
    Jean N Deanposted 6 years ago

In our family we also make one every year with our names and year etched into them. This is nice because you can keep these and pass them down through generations. We also make the sweet shirts! Corny I know but my kids really enjoy it and I have all that were made since they all turned 1 year old. So someday I will get to pass them down or at the very least embarrass my kids with them around their future partners. LOL