jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

1. 0
    LEWJposted 6 years ago

What Do You Like Most About Thanksgiving?   Can You Share Some Ideas For Holiday Fun?

1. spiderpam profile image58
      spiderpamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My family orders pizza on Thanksgiving eve, it's tradition!

1. 0
        LEWJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds great!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

I like decapitating the turkey!

3. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

Texas V Texas A@M

4. Wonder_Woman profile image60
    Wonder_Womanposted 6 years ago

just family coming over, packed into the kitchen, helping each other make the grand meal.

5. 0
    LEWJposted 6 years ago

I have'nt really been celebrating it but I plan to this year.  I appreciate all replies and suggestions for enjoyment, maybe a bit on what you do traditionally or any new  things you might plan to try this year.     THANKS smile

1. 0
      LEWJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Any more suggestions or preferences?

6. torimari profile image81
    torimariposted 6 years ago

The big dinner!!! Though I am really thrilled thus far with vegetarianism I don't deny I love the smell of cooking turkey. It's going to be a challenge for me I think.

smile This year will be great because not only will I have turkey day with my family, but I will have one also with my friends (Tofurkey tiiiime).

7. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

Our annual football game smile The whole family plays!

8. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

We don't have any traditions other than our family getting together. We meet each year at my husband's aunt and uncle's place, which I guess is a tradition. There are certain foods which my aunt and her daughter always make for the crowd: turkey, of course, mashed sweet potatoes, stuffing, creamed spinach, meatballs, and then they make this squash lasagna, which is awesome. I unfortunately don't have the recipe; I need to get it myself.

We have three November birthdays in the family, too - my dad's and my husband's grandmother and uncle's, so there are always cakes for them in addition to about a million other desserts.