jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Thanksgiving around the World.

1. Mrs.Nita profile image61
    Mrs.Nitaposted 6 years ago

What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions.  So far, for us our usual tradition is going to my Aunts house. Everyone picks a holiday.  She has Thanksgiving every year.  This year we're steppping out of the box and going to the movies later.

2. samsbr profile image61
    samsbrposted 6 years ago

in the thanks giving day I have enjoyed with my close friends smile

3. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

I don't think you'll get many thanksgiving traditions from 'around the world'. As far as I'm aware its specifically an American tradition.

Mrs.Nitaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, but what about people who are from here and maybe there in a different country.  I guess I just want to hear about people's traditions.

4. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Canada has a Thanksgiving, too, it's in October. We were in Prince Rupert, BC during the holiday, once, but nobody invited us over so I'm not sure what their Thanksgiving is all about.

We always go to hubby's sister's house, she lays out quite a spread of great food. I still cook turkey and the whole shebbang at home so we can have it as leftovers, lol. We just eat and drink and visit all day long. For us it's more about gathering than a patriotic day, I guess.

Mrs.Nitaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like fun!!

5. AdamCairn profile image78
    AdamCairnposted 6 years ago

I never really understood thanksgiving. Something to do with an agreement between the native americans and the invaders?

6. 0
    poetlorraineposted 6 years ago

no thanksgiving here in Ireland just an ordinary day..... like any other

7. 0
    seasoningposted 6 years ago

happy days everyone

8. maribin profile image61
    maribinposted 6 years ago

We gonna have spacial dinner with my family at home. Happy thanksgiving to everybody