jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How long will your leftovers last?

1. cocopreme profile image89
    cocopremeposted 6 years ago

When we cook a holiday meal at my house, there is enough leftovers for everyone to eat for a week.  How long are your leftovers going to last?

2. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

probably a week, although stuff that got frozen will last a lot longer.

3. 0
    Wag The Dogposted 6 years ago

This year we set up for a party of 50.  Only 30 showed up.  We have a "ton" of food left over.  And it is not the good stuff.  It will last until we toss it out.  Even though I know we will not eat most of it, I can not toss it until it goes bad.  How sad...  I give it a week and a half before I have room in my fridge again.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Not very.  A  day at best.  We tend to send some home with the kids after the big feast.

5. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 6 years ago

3 days...bacteria/mold starts to form after day 3.  Pies can be frozen if packaged well...tons of new recipe ideas online...Rachel Ray, Emeril and Paula Deen have wonderful ideas.  I'm going to try the stuffing balls today...simply roll a ball, dip in egg, roll in flour and fry until golden brown...hope everyones Thanksgiving was filled with love, good laughs and yummy eats.

6. cocopreme profile image89
    cocopremeposted 6 years ago

My leftovers are gone now.  I have definitely had my share of dressing for awhile.

7. Himitsu Shugisha profile image77
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 6 years ago

Leftovers? What leftovers?!

8. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I like that stuffing ball recipe!  But here stuffing gets all eaten at the meal - leftovers right now include some ham, some turkey soup(technically a leftover cuz made from those) and gravy - and I'm sick of all of it.big_smile

9. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

We send a bunch of stuff home with the kids, and we have one "eating-leftovers" meal the day after.  A thing or two may be eaten the day after that.  Goodies hang around until they're either eaten or stale.   Little, covered, bowls of nuts tend to hang around for ages.

10. h.a.borcich profile image59
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

Left overs? The boys took care of them Friday smile