jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)

Do you have a favorite christmas tradition?

1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

What are your favorite christmas traditions?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi kirsten, thanks BTW,

I always am with children before Christmas day, 24th, I feed them here and cooked in the house, these children are from neighborhood and they go here every Saturday to eat lunch here, they play afterwards too,,,

I go to church on that day, send Christmas cards to all friends and relatives, done that already..

contact every relative and greet them too..

good post, merry xmas kirsten, hope all your wishes and everybody here at HP comes true,,,

2. Himitsu Shugisha profile image76
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Opening one present on Christmas Eve.

2. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Yes...eat and drink lots till I burst and cry!!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

3. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

sneaking to my neighbors homes early and depositing goodies like home made candy, cookies and such among other things.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

so sweet~~  now that my sons are older, we pick a child's name off an angel tree and buy gifts for the child.

and one I've done since a child~~ we leave Christmas lights on all night on Christmas Eve.

2. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep.... And Getting Off with all their Good Stuff lol

3. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I really like this one big_smile wish I was your neighbor now lol

4. 0
      bloodnlatexposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately, if you didn't tell me that you were coming over before hand, you'd never get past the alarm system and the dogs...So just drop me a line before coming over!

4. Anath profile image71
    Anathposted 6 years ago

of course kissing under the mistletoe, kissing behind the christmas tree, kissing under the table with a hot turkey ready to be served, kissing Santa when he arrives with the presents, kissing next to the fire...

Did I mention kissing?

1. 0
      bloodnlatexposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like a great tradition

2. dejajolie profile image61
      dejajolieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

5. manlypoetryman profile image71
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

My wife has this tradition...where we find a tree branch (looks kind of like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree)and paint it white. This was her tradition from Costa Rica....where that was often the only tree they could get.

6. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I live very far away from my family so for the past few years I have tried to stay up real late so that I can call them or they can call me before they have their christmas dinner so that they can feel that I am there with them in spirit!

I am not sure how its going to work this year tho sad. There has been a major falling out between my dad and his sisters, he took out a restraining order against them last autumn because of money sad. They had an argument about my late grandmothers estate and the money, its really sad because my dad and his sisters have always been very close. They grew up in a violent house as kids (not grandma, she was a saint, grand dad was the problem before he died and grandma managed to find a good man that I could call grandpa growing up) and relied on each other to get through it all. I guess I will call dad and ask my aunts to call me and try to arrange it so that the calls are not at the same time.

7. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I'll  have Santa deliver them to you two. ho ho ho

8. fireflies mom profile image61
    fireflies momposted 6 years ago

The famous Christmas Eve family dinner....not to mention the pool of who's car is gonna get smashed first from playing "tractor pulls" with the snowmobiles, lol.  Gotta love the redeck holiday games!

9. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

For my family, it's ALL about the tree!

10. Sa Toya profile image87
    Sa Toyaposted 6 years ago

Getting all the decorations up ESP. the TREE! All the cooking's done on Christmas Eve- we help my mom and gran

I  absolutely love sitting in the live with my family with all the lights off apart from the Christmas lights and those on the tree and we watch our fave Christmas shows like The Grinch especially the original one.

Oh! and waking up early to open presents together

11. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Blueberry muffins!

12. dejajolie profile image61
    dejajolieposted 6 years ago

Listening to Christmas carols and making home-made decorations....drinking hot chocolate (only time of year I drink it)