jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What is your budget for Christmas celebrations?

1. thirdmillenium profile image71
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

Or, are you not a budgetter?

1. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i'm not a budgeter. but i do shop carefully.

1. h.a.borcich profile image59
        h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Honestly I do budget, but I shop very carefully, too. I think my best budget saver is bartering though for goods and services...I traded engraved wine glasses I did myself for guitar lessons for my stepson. We are spending less this year but I don't think it will be obvious smile Holly

2. bearnmom profile image51
    bearnmomposted 6 years ago

I don't budget.  I spend what I can afford at the time.  Last week I bought some books for my youngest granddaughter and her brother who is 8.  Since they live on a military base I bought them at Borders where they wrap and ship.  That was an impulse purchase.  The rest of my grands are getting gift cards in denominations that I can afford.  I buy them each pay so that I don't have a huge decrease in my money right at the holiday.  Of course, I lost my job last February and only started a new one in August at half the salary I was making.  So every savings counts.  I just posted a hub on how much to tip the people who provide you with services.  I'm not an authority but used some common sense when I wrote it.  http://hubpages.com/hub/Bear-N-Mom-Chri … ould-I-Tip

3. 0
    LEWJposted 6 years ago

My budget is $10,000 or a heart attack, whichever comes first.   
    Usually, it's the heart attack....

4. prettydarkhorse profile image66
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I send all my money to my children, a little bit to buy me a new guitar

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

home made presents this year~~~ smile

6. 0
    cathinfranceposted 6 years ago

I'm with Rebekah on this - home-made presents this time. Apricot jam made in the late summer. Wild local mushrooms, preserved. Olive oil from non-treated olives - (have got some olive trees.) I've never made drinks like cherry or apricot brandy but will try them next year. :-)

7. adamareangere profile image80
    adamareangereposted 6 years ago

This is actually a tough year at my house. I think my son is only getting two presents, one which I made. With no job, and living in a state with 10% unemployment rates, it's been difficult to find a new job in my salary bracket. When I normally have money though TJ Maxx or Big Lots has great deals on kids toys, or I put together Christmas baskets for cheap with a pound of Starbucks Christmas blend and some festive mugs from the dollar store. It's fairly cheap and a lot of people have loved them!