jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can anyone help this women with a Christmas miricale?

1. GL Bell profile image61
    GL Bellposted 6 years ago

Can someone help this women? i donated what i could. Please send her anything you can.

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are certainly a blessing. smile

2. carfire77 profile image60
      carfire77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

A Google search of reviews for this site indicates it is a scam so be careful.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

3. GL Bell profile image61
    GL Bellposted 6 years ago

Well Carfire 77 let me say this about that... I too did a google scam search on this site and it seems the scams are perpatrated on those in need. Please read below. And I want to be clear here so understand that just because someone has no place else to plea/ beg for money does not mean online request are scams. Wikipedia, Churches and virtialy every Charity ask for online donations and these can hardly be called scams. And yes I would be careful because the recipient will get your email address if you donate to them via Paypal. Usually they would use it to send you a thank you email. This women actually sent me a thank you email and I have contacted her via phone. Her biggest problem is that she has a job and makes just enough money not to qualify for welfare and other services. It seems you have to be a total deadbeat to get alot of Gov/ Local Aid. The system is broken. Please feel free to contact me with any recommendation you may have for her.

Below is a warning from Digital Charity:

Hello, I am a fellow poster on digital charity and i am telling you that if you receve a check in the mail, or DHL, DO NOT CASH IT!!! other than the banks giving you fees for the checks being withdrawn from deposit, you could also be linked to the fraudulent activity in which these scammers are pulling. Please Be Advised that A "Lisa Williams" at a yahoo adress is not your friend, nor should be trusted. Also breaking up checks and sending money to another country or even within the US could be trouble for you, you could be caught up in money laundering and funding terrorist organizations.

If you get into any one of these things or have information or some suspected e-fraud please call the 1-800-251-7581 or visit www.IC3.Gov

Play it safe and do not give out any information to anyone. as Digitalcharity advises ONLY ACCEPT MONEY THROUGH PAYPAL!!! thats what you should do!!! any more Q' contact me at Toyecho2@yahoo.com

I am Sorry for any situation that places you on this site.
    Rememeber there is always a new day, even if it brings more headaches smile
    Date: July 11th, 2007