How does your family celebrate christmas and what does it mean to you/

1. smallvillewanabe profile image60
    smallvillewanabeposted 6 years ago

THink back to how your family celebrates christmas every year. Is there certain things that have to be done, some that are not to be done? Do all of your family come? no on at all? Describle how you celebrate christmas and what it means to you.

2. restoremyheart profile image61
    restoremyheartposted 6 years ago

This year I actually, get to spend it with my family.  So I am celebrating, just being together:)  Christmas is a time to share about, the love that came into this world!  The newness of life we can have, because He first Loved us!

3. pioneer_writer5 profile image59
    pioneer_writer5posted 6 years ago

As far back as I can remember my family never celebrated Christmas. You have probably heard one that the holiday originated from pagan worship. Two that Jesus was not born in December and three there is no record of Jesus or his disciples ever celebrating Jesus or anyone's birthday. So that has always made me wonder how could so many people still observe a Holiday that is not really Holy or has no special significance to those professing to follow Jesus Christ as Christians? What does Jesus really mean to people today? When he said that there is more happiness in giving than in receiving, did he mean that on one special day we should give. And give to all of our family and friends at one time placing ourselves and our immediate family debt? As far back as I can remember, my family commemorated and still commemorate the death of Jesus-not his birth and not his resurrection as per his instructions in Luke 22:19.