jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What's The Best Christmas Present You Ever Received?

1. yoshi97 profile image87
    yoshi97posted 6 years ago

We dabbled over the worst ... now let's hear about the really special ones. smile

2. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Well my first thought is certainly not "adsense safe," which apparently refers to the forum now too!

3. Gregg Biancci profile image82
    Gregg Biancciposted 6 years ago

4 years ago I got to go see my mom in Italy, that was definitely the best present I've ever gotten!

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

A BB Gun and a Lionel train in the fifties, and a really cool set of cap guns! My most memorable Christmas as a kid.
    As an adult, the joyous smiles on the children Christmas morning.

5. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Thats a good one!

Last year my girlfriends family bought me the plane tickets that allowed me to meet my Grandmother and aunt for the first time in 24 years!

Plus it was winter in Ny and the family lived in California, double bonus..def best christmas present ever

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

A moosehead.  The one gift that's better to receive than to give.

7. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 6 years ago

I don' think  I ever had a bad Christmas as a kid--much to the credit of my folks.  I know I recall a few Christmases when we went to a city north of where we lived and stop in at a special record store and my parents would buy me a f*cking stack of albums that I wanted and half of them I would get for Christmas and the other half I would get for my birthday I february. Mind you, there were OTHER presents for both days, too!
    As an adult, having a moments peace and a Christmas a couple years ago when I had all three of my kids under one roof if only for a few hours. 
    (Oh sorry.  I know i should probably say some hot lovin' from a woman, too, or some of y'all might be disappointed in me!)

8. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

When I graduated from university, the economy was not very good.  I had been applying for work for about a month without much luck.  Then, on Christmas Eve, the phone rang and I received a job offer for my first "real" job.  That was one of the best gifts.

Years later, when my children were really young, I would stay up all night on Christmas Eve, putting up the tree and decorating it, wrapping the gifts, placing them under the tree and of course, stuffing their stockings.  I felt great joy when they woke in the morning to a fully transformed room and having them believe that Santa had really come.  Their bright, sparkling eyes, big smiles and excited laughter always gave, and will give, me the greatest gift every year.