jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Christmas, the Date We Observe As the Birth of Jesus

1. write4mylife profile image59
    write4mylifeposted 6 years ago

Growing up as preacher kids, a large family, I am "Thankful" for my parents, ten children, seven boys and 3 girls, a deceased brother June 07, 2009, was seven years ago when my father found my brother dead at age 47 years old from a massive heart attack. In the late sixties, early seventies, we would all be anxiously waiting in our endeavors to hurry and put the "Christmas Decorations" up. Outdoors and indoors also, lights around the top of the home, light around our living room windows, and we all helped in decorating the Christmas tree with the ornaments, trimming, icicles and much more.

My parents would always go out of their way to make sure they would prepare our Christmas boxes with apples, oranges, candy, and some kind of toys. Our parents could not afford to buy us expensive things, because we lived in a small country town. We were taught in school about Santa Clause and years later as we got older, we were told that it was the date set aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus. It was such a happy time for all of us, because our parents displayed their love for us by always giving.

I have been a single mother for almost eleven years, and I am blessed to have a 28-year old son, and a 14-year old daughter. I do my best to instill in my two children the same morals as my parents taught us. To always maintain an Attitude of Gratitude, and a Sermon I will never forget hearing my father preach in my mid twenties, the title was, it wasn't much, but it was enough, for he had to quit school in the third grade to help raise his 15 siblings. My mother had to quit school in the six grade to help raise her 9 siblings. As we are about to embark upon the close of another year that went so quickly, not to mention so many people who lost love ones, my family included, we have to keep on giving while we are yet here amongst the living. God gave us his very best gift ever, his one and only begotten son. Rejected by his own, he took the fall, and yet Jesus was moved so deeply with Agape Unconditional Love and Compassion to give through healing the sick, and setting the captives free. What will we get Jesus for Christmas for while he hung on the cross, he was thinking of you, and he was thinking of me, a debt we can never repay. To Those who's heart aches from pain, love ones that's gone, layoffs, the economy, sorrows, and despairs, please try to remember that you do have someone who "Sincerely Cares"!

Happy Holidays to All from Our Home to Yours, Many Hugs and Kisses and May Your New Year Be a Year of Expectancy, Miracles Happens from Expectancy, so be sure You Put All of Your Desires and Expectancies at the Very Top of Your List! 

In Loving Memory Of Herbert Brantley � Gone Too Soon.
    ~~~~~~~ write4mylife ~~~~~~~

2. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 6 years ago

I guess I've arrived too early to tell all the naysayers to shut the hell up and let the rest of us enjoy the day, huh?
    Well, I'll try to keep an eye out for ya.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nay I say, Nay!

1. wsp2469 profile image60
        wsp2469posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm reminded of a song from South Park: i think it's called "Merry F*cking Christmas" in which one of the characters dances around and sings to/about all the OTHER religions and basically wishes them a Merry Christmas in a very aggressive almost offensive manner!

3. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

LOL wsp

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Keep observing.....