jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

New Years

1. 61
    HershThakerposted 6 years ago

The New Year

As I was walking through the busy streets of Leicester, as it got ready for a night of partying, boozing and excitement, all in the name of New Years, I asked myself, what are we doing? Who actually created the concept on celebrating the earth’s full orbit around the sun? It seems, that New Years has become an excuse for some to party and for some to reflect, enjoy and use as a ‘landmark’, to bring about a change in you.

Again, this is all well and good and defiantly an occasion which society needs for it to be able take time out and look at only themselves for one moment in an entire year. Therefore New Years Day marks a fresh start for millions of people, as they look back at their year and look at their lives ahead. However, if we gave ourselves this opportunity to reflect and have time to simply look at yourself more often over the year; imagine how many different improvements you can make to your behaviour and thoughts. So when it does come to New Years, it’s an opportunity to assess yourself, not simply to recollect main moments from the past 12 months. Just simple taking time out to think and be with your self every so often can help you recollect minor moments over a short period of time, which collectively can help you bring about change to yourself much quicker than the average ‘Joe’.

1. goldenpath profile image80
      goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed!  I work at a local store and the amount of alcohol that went through the checkout was unreal.  It is an excuse to party and for such a silly reason as the Earth's rotation.  In order to make effective changes for the coming year we need to start now.  We cannot consciously booze up now and expect to make real habit-forming worthwhile changes in our lives in the coming year.  It is folly and without remorse.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

You guys are sooooo boooring....  Can't you just enjoy the holiday?

Happy New Year! smile

1. goldenpath profile image80
      goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not to worry, we love you to! smile  I've got my hopes for next year and I plan to enjoy this holiday.  I've got my books, fingers to write or type with and a mug of cocoa at my side.  I am good to go.  I sincerely with you and all others on HubPages a festive holiday and a productive new year!