jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Valentine's Day Gifts

1. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I'm writing some hubs for valentine's gift ideas and I was going to seperate them into expensive and inexpensive ones. I was just wondering how much everyone spends on Valentine's Day, whether you think you spend a lot or not.

Me and my boyfriend, for example, usually spend about £30 on each other (like $50) which I think is about average, but some people spend a lot more and others don't bother buying presents at all.

1. Mr Nice profile image67
      Mr Niceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You only spend $50 because you only have one Valentine....hahaha.
      Are you thinking of spending more this time, adopt me as a your second Valentine........just kidding.

Some people spend a lot more, may be they can afford more. Some people just exchange hug & a kiss. I don't spend anything because I don't have a Valentine. Good luck with your valentines day.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I wont spend as I dont have a valentine, but I will invite my bestfriend and we will eat together, we both dont have a Valentines date,

If I will have one, then I can spend more than 50 US dollars (since it comes only once a year, and I will buy my men for example something which He can really use, otherwise spending Valentines in the house being cozy and dining together should be more intimate, spending on good food which I will cook is good...

or otherwise I will make a poem for HIM, and a Card saying I love HIM for this and that reason, then cook for him and watched movie together, just like the usual stuff you should do everyday of your life when you have a bf or gf

3. TINA V profile image82
    TINA Vposted 6 years ago

I think that $30 to $50 cost for a gift would be fine if you are buying for a special someone like your spouses or parents.  However, I think $10 or less would be fine if somebody wants to buy something for several friends and officemates. It would even be better if the person will make it himself/ herself such baking brownies or cookies to send it as a gift. It is not actually the cost that counts but the sincerity of the person giving it.

Have a great week!