jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Edible Fruit Baskets - Would you eat them?

1. HunterGiftBaskets profile image59
    HunterGiftBasketsposted 6 years ago

I have seen the ads and pictures promoting Edible Fruit Bouquets, like melon and strawberries dipped in chocolate, and my wife and I were thinking "Do people actually eat these?" and "Isn't the fruit handled a little too much for hygiene standards?"
    Maybe I'm completely off the mark - what do you think, have you received one and do you have some feedback?
    Thrilled to hear your responses...

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd eat fruit that can be washed. 

Since I don't like something like chocolate and fruit mixed together anyway (and wouldn't eat it because of that), I've never thought about the contamination issue - but now that you mention it, no (even if I liked chocolate and fruit mixed together).

2. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your question is: Edible fruit baskets, would you eat them?" What are the "baskets" made of?
      I wouldn't eat the baskets unless they have listed the nutrients in them and from what edible products are they made?

3. 0
      pinkyleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i worked for a school that one of these was sent to for some holiday or another and the fruit was very good

4. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

YUM smile

5. 0
      Contriceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Heck Yeah!!!

2. brethodge profile image60
    brethodgeposted 6 years ago

I don't know exactly... I have not recieved them yet! But I am sure of one thing that being a complete hygenic freak I will not eat them as I love to eat fresh fruits.. :-)

1. ceciliabeltran profile image85
      ceciliabeltranposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good point!

3. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 6 years ago

I hadn't thought about the hygiene issue.  I'd rather receive candy or flowers.  I don't think I even know anyone who's received them.  My parents sometimes receive gifts of whole fruit, like pears, from Harry and David, and we eat those.

4. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

ooohhh, good point.  I never thought of the hygiene issue either.  No, I guess I wouldn't eat them, if I got one.  But I think I would eat the cookie bouquets, they come wrapped in plastic, right? (if I'm remembering correctly, they do!)

5. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 6 years ago

Last weekend a friend said she had gotten an edible arrangement.  I asked about hygiene.  She just said the fruit tasted great with chocolate.

6. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

My wife and I said the same thing.

We had one given to us once.  Threw most of it away.  Was not great looking fruit.

7. Derek D profile image60
    Derek Dposted 6 years ago

I can't get past the idea of eating fruit from an arrangement. I'm sure it's very good . The idea of eating fruit from a flower shop or delivery service, just turns me off. cool

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Hmmm...good question! I think I'd give it to the grandkids. Kidding! Maybe I'd give the non-chocolate pieces to the Danes. They'll eat anything!

9. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

If I bought it freshly made from a grocery store, I probably would give it a shot. I wouldn't order it online or anything like that though.

10. netsolace profile image60
    netsolaceposted 6 years ago

I have tried these, and these are awesome. The fruits are fresh and 100% hygienic. Have a look at the following link:

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/fruit … ;Section=1

These are some really tasty fresh edible fruit baskets. The best thing is you can find these for any occasion and according to any theme.

11. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I've never eaten, bought or handled one, but their corporate headquarters is about a mile from my house. Hmmmm.... Maybe a visit is in order? smile