jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Should infants take part in Halloween?

1. xixi12 profile image85
    xixi12posted 6 years ago

Should infants take part in Halloween and should you spend so much on their costumes since they are not even aware of what is being celebrated

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just for fun, yes, it is not about the essence of Halloween, but then they look awesome and real cute in costumes, I made a hub about it, cutest Halloween costumes for babies ....

2. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, just be careful where you take them for trick or treating.
      So they don't get scared. They may understand depending on how you explain it. Show them careful baby Halloween cartoons if you can.

3. JosiePosie76 profile image59
      JosiePosie76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

AS long as someone doesnt scare them....
      We went as dr suess characters for a few years...  hubs was the cat in the hat...kiddo was thing one...and i was thing 2.....
      Then when he got older....Hubs went as austin pwers...  i went as fat bastard and kiddo went as mini me...  smile  We coordinate every year...

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Sure they should.   They don't have a clue about what's going on, but they usually like being carried around by a parent.  Trick or Treating is probably interesting to them.  (I always make sure I have some treats that are right for babies, because I get a lot of them in my neighborhood.)

3. Lucy D profile image60
    Lucy Dposted 6 years ago

I agree with nikki1  as long as there is no risk of them becoming scared. If ppl can dress up their dogs and cats why not their babies. Not sure about spending great wads of money on the costume but they do look sooooooo adorable.  If you turn this around, why should they be excluded from the fun ?

4. 59
    rimo007posted 6 years ago

I see no reason not to include the little ones, our son was born in Jan and we got him a costume at 9 months old. We didn't even trick or treat that year and all he did was sit and watch us hand out candy. He has a perfect pooh bear even if only for a little while.

Just for the pictures alone I think it is a great idea to get them involved early. big_smile

5. 0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

How could you not?!

6. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Just don't take them to Halloween Horror nights at Universal Studios. I can't believe how I saw some little 4 and 5 yr olds there!

I mean this event is very mature, with R rated movies shown on buildings as you wait in line. Blood and chainsaws everywhere, those poor kids must have nightmares for life. hmm

7. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

Of course!  And PS that pumpkin costume was adorable smile

8. zzron profile image62
    zzronposted 6 years ago

['m not sure, I don't think they would remember it.