jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Going to Halloween Horror nights tonight!

1. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Yup, going to Universal Studios Halloween Horror nights tonight with two girl friends. (friends, not girlfriends!) wink

It's really mature, with very realistic zombies and mutilated freaks running around with chainsaws and stuff.

The highlight is 8 different haunted houses you go into, each with their own theme. Very R rated most of it.

You can even smell the gore and guts, ewwwwwww! yikes

It's not really my thing but I want to take pictures for my tourist site. So it will be interesting. smile

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What, nobody is going to wish me a fun time? I'll post some pictures on here when I get back. smile

2. katiem2 profile image58
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

Have a great and yet horrific time tonight!

LOL, thanks! smile

1. katiem2 profile image58
        katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't be scared...

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

that place is scary this time of year! I remember one year over there. watch out everywhere. yikes:  it should be fun with 2 screaming girls!

Well since one is a Paramedic that works there, plus is a Lieutenant at a city fire station, I think only one will be screaming! lol

I want to take some really good pictures for my website, so I'll be making the zombies mad by shoving a flashing camera in their faces.  big_smile

No, I don't scare easy.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image89
        Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are gonna go all paparazzi on them, huh? That's enough to send anyone into a murderous rage. LOL!

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image89
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago

My fiance and I have been talking about going!!!  Have fun!!!!
    Let me know how it was! Can't wait to see the pics!

Thanks, I'll let ya know. Friday nights are the worst as far as crowds go, so don't go then. You need to get a ticket for this, normal park tickets are not valid.

You can buy them online and print them out, that's what I did. It is extreme, it's not a kiddie show!  smile

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image89

I'm not easily scared.  I love horror movies, worked at a haunted house when I was younger, so I don't scare easily.

5. Bill Manning profile image72

Well I went last night and I have to say I was,,,,, disappointed. hmm

They did a good job with the sets and themes. But for the most part what happened in each haunted house was the same.

You walk around corners, a guy in a costume jumps out at you from around or above, repeat for all houses all night.

It got old fast. The only one that was good was one that showcased past houses and props. That was cool, with all the sets, elaborate scenes and so on.

The new ones just don't do much, each one creepy but the same. Not much going on in the scare zones outside either. So I took almost no pictures.

The Bill and Ted's excellent Halloween adventure musical was the worst one ever, uggghh! All in all not worth paying money for this year. hmm

1. talfonso profile image86
      talfonsoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Honest review - did the HHN 2 years ago and found it pretty intense (but fun). Will check out the other event, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 9 days from now! (Don't call me wimpy!)

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image89

Well, that's disappointing.  At least I know I can save my money, and not bother.  Thanks for the review!

6. Bill Manning profile image72

I suppose if you've never been to one before then you would find it exciting. However if you have been to past HHN then you will be disappointed.

They just seemed to have cut back on things. One house only had around 5 people doing anything in it, like they where understaffed or something. I hope they do better next year. hmm

working