jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

IPad or IPod for Grandma for Holiday Present

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Suggestions?  Which one is best in your opinion?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

What are Grandma's needs?  That seems like the best way to determine which device would suit her more.

3. chigoiyke profile image61
    chigoiykeposted 6 years ago

Ipod of course. Just help her get in her favorite tunes in there and she'll be grateful

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago

iPad if she uses a computer at all.

2. skyfire profile image75
      skyfireposted 6 years ago

get('ipod touch 4g');

else if (grandma==internet addict)

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Grandma said she didn't care for either and to please forward both to me.  smile

I'm like Relache, it really depends on what Grandma needs more.  If it were my mother we're talking about, she wouldn't care for either one (hence the opening comment).

4. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I wish the iPad had existed when my mom was still alive in the nursing home. I could not have left it there, because so many things got stolen, but I could have let her use it while I was there. She would have loved it.

5. motherbeastly profile image60
      motherbeastlyposted 6 years ago

iPad.  The fact that you can have large text books and music at the same time.  It seems easy to use.  The ipod screen is too small for videos for older eyesight.  I'm saying all this because I'm a grandma and I would LOVE an ipad.  I'm thinking seriously about buying one for Grandad and it'll sit in a box for 6 months before I get to steal it.  (I wouldn't need any help to set it up - remarkably fuss free pressie.  Unfortunately my kids won't read this.

6. vgf1968 profile image60
      vgf1968posted 5 years ago

The answer is something only you can figure out.  But there are a couple things that would make the decision easier.  Does the grandma in question love music big time... then an IPOD makes more sense.  Does the grandma in question love going on the Internet.... then an IPad is a good choice.  Something not suggested, but if the grandma loves to read, maybe a Nook or a Kindle would be a better choice. 

Without knowing what the grandma in question really likes it is hard to tell.  My great-grandmother would neither want an IPod nor and IPad, but reads voraciously and would love a Kindle or Nook.  My grandmother is not much into reading, doesn't much care for the internet, but absolutely loves music.  Therefore, I would get her an IPod.  My mother would also only be interested in the IPod.  Myself being a grandmother, I would love all three, and none of them would be wasted.  Hope that helped.

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

iPad plays the same music as the iPod..

7. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I think it should be an Ipad. She can play games, get on the net, play music, watch movies, read books...

8. Jo Deslaurier profile image83
      Jo Deslaurierposted 5 years ago

I'll cast my vote for the Ipad. There are just so many more things she could with the Ipad. I don't know if your grandmother has a problem holding new hardback books but I know that it can be tiresome especially for the elderly. The lightweight design of the Ipad should allow her to read longer without her arms getting tired. Plus the Ipad screen doesn't flash when you change a page like other e-readers do.

1. CYBERSUPE profile image61
        CYBERSUPEposted 5 years ago

I would say that it all depends on the AGE of Grandma.