I love Thanksgiving...but

1. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 6 years ago

Thanksgiving has always been a big deal to me.  The family, the friends, the sharing, the FOOD, especially the pumpkin pie.  But it has been years since I celebrated this holiday because  I live in Quebec.  Living in Quebec has been a strange and wonderful experience, but not having Thanksgiving has been one of the low points of being here.  They have the day off like the rest of Canada, but no one even knows what the holiday is all about.  They just use it to go hunting.  Here it is called 'Action Grace', but there is no meaning here and no one cares about it.  I had to teach my students the history of Thanksgiving, and these were adults. 

So this year, even though the men in this family will all be gone hunting, I have asked my mother in law to celebrate Thanskgiving with me and my children.  She has accepted, so YAY!  I will get to celebrate this year.  Has anyone else experienced this?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow Megs...i didn't realize Quebec didn't celebrate it...new info for me....well enjoy your celebration and the beginning of an annual family feast....