What would you like for Christmas?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (77 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

It's just over ten weeks away. Have you started dropping hints yet? Or don't you expect anything?

I'm not one for dropping hints, I'd rather aim high and be direct. So I'd like a nice shiny Kindle please. I've wanted one for ages, hemmed and hawed for good measure and now I know it's the gadget for me.

I'll probably end up buying one myself as I think you can only buy them from Amazon. Plus I'll get it from the dot com site as they're cheaper. For some reason they cost around $170 in the UK, yet they're $140 in the US.

Anyway - what would you like for Christmas. And you can't say 'all my family' because hopefully that's a given smile

2. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Hi Froggy - this is my first Christmas on HP and since writing all my hubs involves a lot of virtual shopping, my Christmas list is the biggest it has ever been this year. My dream list would include a tablet PC but that's not realistic for our budget so I would make do with some retro sweets - http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/1980s-decad … 51104.html

3. profile image0
    TransScribblerposted 13 years ago

All I want for Xmas is my two front teeth! yikes

1. timorous profile image80
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No way...I'm selling them to the highest bidder on eBay lol

4. frogdropping profile image77

Funny how eating Spacey Gracey's sweets/candy will part most folks from their two front teeth smile

No retro candy for me ... I have enough trouble with my teeth.

5. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Just my hubby, wink wink.

frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol Diane same here but you can't say that - has to be a gift. No filth talk tongue

1. Diane Inside profile image72
        Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's not filthy, it's a beautiful thing. smile

But if you insinst, I guess I will say a laptop, I only have a desktop right now, to confined to one area.

1. camlo profile image84
          camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I bought a netbook so I wouldn't be confined to one area, but it stays in the same place all the time - just can't be bothered to move it.

6. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Since Christmas is about giving I would like to have a box full of stuff (which people need) that I can give away, would be happy to see some smiles and happiness light uptheir faces!!

7. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

I just want to catch that jolly rodgering little fat man who keeps leaving sooty foot prints all over the carpet and my pet sheep yikes  sad

8. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I never see him anymore, guess I've been too naughty these past oh I don't  know 20 yrs. smile

9. frogdropping profile image77

@ Diane ... I know, I was jesting smile And a laptop is a great idea. I would like an one that's English by default, instead of Portuguese. Funny but my Portugeuse OH speaks to me in English, whilst the laptop clings to it's Latin based lingo neutral

@ PD - I wouldn't worry half so much about the footprints on the carpet as I would about the ones on the sheep. Do they look disturbed after he's been? hmm

@ Sofs - a lovely sentiment and I completely agree. One of my favorite things is the giving and the smiles smile

10. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Funny you should mention that FD hmm
    I've noticed those woolly red boots that he wears...
    Bahhhhh!!! I always thought they were (for) stocking stuffing yikes smile

11. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

This year for Christmas my kids and I are working on a charity thing. We are having a bake sale to earn money to buy gifts to fill shoe boxes for kids in other countries. As for what I selfishly want for myself, fuzzy slippers, some Uggs, books, and an Ice Cream machine. What I am already going to get tho...makes me so happy I honestly dont want a single other gift.

Oh, and Im not for hinting either, Ive had this list for years and say it very clearly when asked what I want.

12. jay_kumar_07 profile image59
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Entry of sinless blood - Rejoice.

13. stephanieculkins profile image41
    stephanieculkinsposted 13 years ago

Maybe a trip to Paris or Venice with my parents

14. hublim profile image68
    hublimposted 13 years ago

I haven’t really thought about Christmas yet, my birthday is the day before so I have two decisions to make before then. My wife is expecting our first child, due in 3 weeks, and to be honest I can’t see past that.

It does mean Santa will begin visiting our home again, yay!

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Forget Christmas.... Concentrate on that little Scorp.. you'll need your wits, because we have such loving ways to sting everyone when we have wet Naps smile

I like your Hokusai Woodblock Print.... From his 36 Views of Mt Fuji collection I think hmm

15. LSKing profile image70
    LSKingposted 13 years ago

I want the Kindle DX REALLY bad! So BAD I wrote a hub about it and emailed to my beloved!

16. petersimon profile image60
    petersimonposted 13 years ago

"...All I want for christmas is you.." *wistling*

Giving me tips already... still almost 3 months to christmas...

tss tss...

17. frogdropping profile image77

@ DMNM - that's a lovely idea! Like Sofs said, giving is the best present smile

@ PD - the red boots are a sing of ... something untoward *nods*

@ Jay - huh?

@ stephanie ... I hope you get that trip sorted. What a cool Christmas gift. Travel with family smile

@ Hublim - I wish you and you wife all the best. The patter of tiny feet and a few sleepless nights are heading your way. Let us know how baby Hublim is once he or she arrives smile

@ petersimon - shurrup ye! Forever exaggerating. Haven't we already spoke about this? Just start saving. I'm giving you a head start. I would like a ➜➜➜ Kindle please. In return, you can have whatever you want ヅ

18. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

i am not dropping hints.
    i am leaving a list in my local craft shop of things i want
    and sending the little darlings there
    actually i want christmas to be cancelled so I can stay in bed

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

stay in bed. awesome!! Thats my new Christmas wish.

19. frogdropping profile image77

lol can't fault you CW smile

20. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

To be together with my kids and grandkids.

21. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

probably no one will have any $$ left lol, we have a big wedding in three weeks.

Chanel#5

if they have $$ left a Sony Bravia flat screen tv

if absolutely no $ left, a bouquet of fresh flowers

hope you get the kindle, you'll love it.

22. frogdropping profile image77

More cool Christmas wishes smile

@ Rebekah - I hope so too but no matter if not, I'll save up and buy one at some point. And it will be a US one as they are cheaper. I'll be looking for a Kindle hub at some point, so a hubber can have the commission smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you are on Facebook, search Amazon Kindle and 'like' them.
      they have a free giveway going on now, 10 more days to enter.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G … 54x330.jpg

23. frogdropping profile image77

Nice one Rebekah - on my way to do just that! I'd love one, all those books I could d/load, read, explore. TBH I'll probably end up going dusty in a corner if I have access to millions upon millions of words but you know ... reading ain't for wimps big_smile

24. frogdropping profile image77

Well how incredibly stupid of Kindle. I went to enter. There's a drop down box with all the countries, I chose UK then an error message popped up - only US residents can enter.

How bloody singular of Kindle. I'm going to complain. And unlike them. Swines neutral

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sad sorry, I didn't know that.

25. frogdropping profile image77

Ahhh don't worry about it Rebekah - you weren't to know. But Kindle did neutral

26. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

a nice gift card to spend at the craft store would be good.

27. sim0n30 profile image61
    sim0n30posted 13 years ago

peace and understanding

28. tritrain profile image71
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

A PlayStation Move.

And a biscuit for my dog.

29. frogdropping profile image77

We sure are different in our wishes. But I'm sticking with a Kindle. And slippers. Some pajamas. A new bracelet charm (this for Simões in case he reads lol) and a woolly hat. Gets real cold in Yorkshire smile

As for our dog - I hope Santa rewires her brain for Christmas.Our dog is broken neutral

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Broken dogs are just not any fun at all. Sorry to hear this, FD. Hope the pup can get her proverbial poop in a group. wink

30. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I want a new bed! I gave my giant, lovely king size bed to my daughter and her hubby. (I moved and downsized this year.) Now I want a nice one for me. And I'd like an ipad to go with it.

31. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i'm thinking about a dyson...not for me to use...but for someone else.....

That sucks.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...now why is that...i need my carpets cleaned from time to time....

Yes, and I know that you and I would have to do it ourselves!! So if you need a good sucker, make sure it's a good one! lol

lol lol  have a great day!

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...okay...okay....i really want someone do some nice 'pin striping' for me....

32. frogdropping profile image77

SWOH - I simply can't fault your Christmas wish. I adore hoovers to the point I hoover for no point. I obsess about them when I need a knew one. I'm a real hoover connoisseur. Goodness only knows why but if someone bought me the latest cylinder Bissel I'd be in clover.

Just bought a new one three weeks ago. Took me weeks of browsing different models before I chose one. I'm forever dragging it round behind me. In fact - it's a better pet than our broken dog smile

Which brings me to Daniel - I hope you get your bed. As for fixing up Boo, she is committed to random acts of stupidness. She managed to kill a plastic sack earlier. I was mortified. Mind you, when she realized that she'd just slaughtered a big bag of air, so was she hmm

I'm glad someone likes a vaccuum!....i'm afraid of them!

...have a great day FD...and i hope Boo 'smartens up'!...luv that name btw!

2. Daniel Carter profile image62

Kill a plastic bag. That is a keeper. Love to see the video on that!!

Have a groovy day, too!

Boo is so wonderfully neurotic that I keep thinking of making a site, to share her stupidity with the world. As an example, she is a very committed air burier of her possessions.

She absolutely does not trust me to not chew her bones, play with her toys or leave her frisbee alone. Her new favorite place is beneath our bed. She spends many a half hour tunneling down to Oz - then eyeing me suspiciously. The minute I move, she's goes and 'digs' up the supposedly hidden item, then starts all over again.

And then there's her dead balls ...

Her real name is Boo Radley. Suits her. And for the record - she also has a very difficult relation with our hoover. They hate each other lol

3. camlo profile image84

I hate hoovering at home, but I like doing it at work. When I'm feeling a bit lazy, and everyone else is busy and it seems there's nothing for me to do, I just get out the hoover and look busy.

Another good way of looking busy is by holding some kind of cleaning cloth - you don't have to actually do anything with it, but you'll look busy.

so.....r u sayin' you wanna 'get busy' for xmas? lol

later...off to work....

1. camlo profile image84

I get that all year round, and have just got back from work.

To be honest, I don't know what I want for Christmas. If ever I want anything, I just go out and buy it.

33. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I've already sent my list to Santa....

I need a new HD flip camera
    A new laptop
    A better digital camera
    Another computer desk and better chair
    Some undies and socks (Like every Christmas bah humbug!)
    Some more Prismacolor pencils.....

34. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

AutoCAD 2011. Need one so badly.

35. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

at least one Adsense click by a wed surfer before the new year would be much appreciated

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

how will you know whether they are married or not?

I'm surmising he meant wet. He likes them wet?

2. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if they click and ad for suicide prevention, I'll know they are married

36. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

A one way trip to Australia! smile

37. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I want an amazon gift card worth 250 USD so that I can buy all the books of Paolo Coelho

Can I have one more wish -- return ticket to the Philippines -- it costs 1300 USD

38. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

I want a flip camera.

1. SognoPiccolo profile image61
      SognoPiccoloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second that! lol

39. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

whirled peas would be nice

also an Ipad or other touchscreen laptop - can't decide which

also I would like to lose 50 pounds (weight) without having to give up any food or put forth any effort

(probably I will get sick and lose weight, that's how I've done it in the past so I should know better than to ask)

I did write a hub about my Christmas wish list - I'd like more traffic to it lol  smile  ?  hmm

1. camlo profile image84

What are these?

1. timorous profile image80
        timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whirled peas? It's a delicious, healthy concoction that magically enables everyone be nice to each other. big_smile

Unfortunately, the effects wear off after a couple of days sad

1. camlo profile image84

Really? I'm going to have a look on Wikipedia or somewhere ...

EDIT: 'Whirled Peas is a surf music band formed in 1992, in Austin, Texas. They took their name from a bumper sticker reading "Visualize World Peace", which they twisted into "Visualize Whirled Peas". This lead to bumper stickers with this phrase on it instead.'

Okay, I get it smile

40. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I want a baby, but considering they take nine months to cook, it won't happen. sad

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

have you thought about using a microwave?

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that how you cooked your child?

1. SognoPiccolo profile image61
          SognoPiccoloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think anyone should cook a child in the microwave... those have to be put in a toaster oven... microwaves don't cook thoroughly enough... lol

41. SognoPiccolo profile image61
    SognoPiccoloposted 13 years ago

I want a million dollars.. but since that may be aiming a little high I wouldn't mind finding a way to get my sh!t together. lol

1. profile image0
      rhtrulesposted 13 years agoin reply to this
  42. profile image0
    rhtrulesposted 13 years ago

I want kristen stewart sucking under my pant lol

43. Maria Cecilia profile image84
    Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years ago

on material aspect I want a new cellphone.. mine is like a zombie already, almost dead, but with life, my cellphone almost completely ruined, can't bring it out in a meeting but text and call function is still okey.. Sony Ericsson is a good brand, still fighting for life no matter how awful it looks.

44. zeusspeak profile image68
    zeusspeakposted 13 years ago

I wanna to see all of you "Happy" on this xmas.

45. jeri741 profile image61
    jeri741posted 13 years ago

I want the day off!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)