jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Anybody AGAINST a Green, Eco-Friendly Christmas?

1. Moxyl profile image80
    Moxylposted 5 years ago

I'm just interested to know other people's thought.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"Anybody AGAINST a Green, Eco-Friendly Christmas?"

Absolutely! Just kidding.smile

I believe in Green up to and including waste-not-want-not.

However, taking things to the point where there are no presents, no travel, no Christmas trees, etc. is a bit much.

1. YU_First 1 profile image60
      YU_First 1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you paradigmsearch...

Groing Green principles that go beyond understandable restrictions just squeeze the breath out of the Christmas Spirit!

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

All my Christmases are pretty green. Of course, I also use lots of reds, along with some blues and golds. lol

Seriously, I am using recycled wrapping paper. I'm really stimulating the economy, too! My three daughters and I are going out of town today to buy toys for the 8 grands. Then we're going to my favorite oyster bar for seafood!

1. readytoescape profile image62
      readytoescapeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I’m with Habee, lots of green & red & gold & silver.

But I would install a donated solar power system to drive the 150,000 or so lights that with be going up.

I need a system large enough to produce about 18,000 watts or about 70 - 90 amps for 6 hours per evening.

Advertising opportunity avaialable!

4. Moxyl profile image80
    Moxylposted 5 years ago

indeed, i'm not against travelling or gifts but more like starting with small things with like wrapping paper, reusing x'mas decoration.

Readytoescape, ur solar power system sounds great! I have a German fd who hv similar systems that works continuously thru out the year.