jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

What is one of your favorite Holiday dish?

1. Precious Pearl profile image77
    Precious Pearlposted 6 years ago

I love this time of year for many different reasons but the food makes it extra special.  I was just reminiscing with my co-worker about my Mom's special dish that brought a smile to my face.  She would take sweet potatos mixed with spices, cut an orange in half remove the pulp and put the sweet potato mixture in the orange peel with marshmellows on top and then cook it in the oven.  DELICIOUS!  It was a tradition that made the whole house smell wonderful!!  Memories can be such treasures!

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Precious Pearl, I love sweet potato pie. My favorite dish is my delicious cornbread dressing with cranberry sauce. Your mom special dish sounds yummy smile I have baked sweet potatoes with marshmellows also. Maybe I should try it with the orange peel. big_smile

Precious Pearlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can I get that recipe?  This sounds like a delicious addition to my Christmas dinner.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image88
      Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My husband is of lithianium decent and his grandmother makes these little buns that I absolutely love. I now make them at Christmas time and she has told me that mine are better than hers. I think she was just being polite. I will post them on here one of these days before Christmas. They are made from bacon, ham, and onion all mixed together in a little bun.

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Susan, this sounds awesome! Please post the recipe on a hub!!

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88

habee I have posted the recipe on a hub. You can find it at:
          http://hubpages.com/hub/Bet-you-cant-ea … -Buns?done

2. Precious Pearl profile image77

That sounds ... DELICIOUS!!  I would love to try that recipe.  My Aunt makes croissants from scratch ... that will melt in your mouth.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88
  2. rotl profile image59
    rotlposted 6 years ago

Stuffing, stuffing, and more stuffing. Or dressing, as some people call it. Is there anything better for the holidays?

Absolutely not! smile

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Prolly my (almost) famous Southern cornbread dressing! I wrote a hub about it, and it's my most popular hub during the fall.

Hubby's smoked ham is also hard to beat! He smokes it for 12 hours over pecan wood, and I make a glaze with brown sugar, cherry juice, and ground cloves.

Oh, and fried turkey! Gobble, gobble!

Can't wait til next week!

Now, that smoked ham and fried turkey sound FABULOUS!!  YUM!!

4. Precious Pearl profile image77
    Precious Pearlposted 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing your favorites!!

5. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Pumpkin pie!  Hands down the best.

working