Christmas lights are the Ed Hardy shirts of houses.

1. TooEasy profile image60
    TooEasyposted 5 years ago

Does NOT enjoying Christmas make me an All-American Scrooge? Is it really THAT strange for a 22 yr. old quite handsome male to not want gangs of fanatic carolers roaming around his neighborhood? Maybe I don't want to buy every stupid piece of Santa paraphernalia the world has to offer. Maybe taking your kid to sit on a complete strangers lap, who also happens to be dressed as a fictional prophet, isn't that jolly of an idea. You wouldn't let your 5 yr. old daughter sit on the lap of some old diabetic with a 2 ft. beard outside of the bus stop, why do it in the mall? Then again, Christmas IS the joyous time of whimsical fiddlydinks and zany goobldygrimps, so maybe I'm wrong, but I'm probably not.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Christmastime is family time too, so for that alone it is a big plus. Holidays are always good! Receiving gifts is fun and giving gifts is more fun. Children loves Christmas and if they are happy that makes us happy.

2. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

No, it is not Scrooge-like to find yourself completely baffled as to why people would want to festoon their house/garden with flashing coloured lights and inflatable lit-from-within reindeer, and run up humungous electricity bills in the process.