jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Tis the season to be........

1. A.Villarasa profile image79
    A.Villarasaposted 5 years ago

The jolly season is upon us, but  I am getting this   sinking  feeling that  its not going be as merry as  past Christmases. The faltering economy for one   just could not be any worse... and the anti- christian  rhetoric of a lot of hubbers  threatens to erase  the good feelings  one typically shows  during this time of the year. When the basic axiom of the season is  "goodwill to all men", it's really hard to show goodwill to anyone   who has the temerity to question the verity, the dignity, and the gravity of one's faith.

2. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 5 years ago

I got most of my shopping around Black Friday, so that saved money and should reduce the stress later.  Now I am trying to get my Christmas cards out and publish gift hubs that I have been thinking about for months, which is increasing stress.  Next I will try to get together with close friend, and then immediate family for the Christmas weekend.  Happy Holidays to you!

1. A.Villarasa profile image79
      A.Villarasaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am very bad at shopping for  holiday gifts, , so I leave that chore to my wife, who absolutely doesn't mind it at all. In fact she loves it.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 5 years ago

99% of my gifts are already purchased, wrapped, and resting happily under the tree! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief and really enjoy the next couple of weeks - especially if we can get Brooklynn well and out of the hospital.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

habee has the right idea- thinking of those who are ill.
    I am just stressed, no presents bought, cards on the table unwritten, mother not organised, the only thing I can say with certainty is "I ordered the Turkey"

Wish I could live in a model family where everyone went out on christmas eve morning with a smile on their face and bring home the booty!